Comparing 2 Films TSER %'s

7 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Especially when ATR blocks up to 61% TSER while CTX is up to 60%...hard to upsell someone when it has a lower number.  :lol

I was looking at performance numbers of various films lately and was surprised at how low CTX's TSER was compared to other ceramic and ir films.

13 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

We tried selling based on numbers back when we had Huper and usually got a confused look.  It is just too much information for someone to process is such a little time.  Let's just say upsell's were extremely hard because of our approach.  We dropped it when switching to Llumar and now focus on the pros/cons of each film along with the heat lamp.  Our #1 selling film is CTX...it has been over 50% of our sales in the past year and 58% this quarter.  Everyone has their own their own approach, this just works best for us.

I agree here. Goes the same way when going overr what vlt to use with a custy. I keep it quick and simple. The customer always seems confident in what they chose. One of my guy's goes way to complicated with it. Takes a ton of time with the customer, going over every possible combination of vlt known to man.I find with him the customer always leaves questioning if they made the correct choice.

39 minutes ago, Jake said:

I agree here. Goes the same way when going overr what vlt to use with a custy. I keep it quick and simple. The customer always seems confident in what they chose. One of my guy's goes way to complicated with it. Takes a ton of time with the customer, going over every possible combination of vlt known to man.I find with him the customer always leaves questioning if they made the correct choice.

Yep, you can't expect a customer to understand all those numbers in such a small window.  Quick and simple is the way.

6 hours ago, highplains said:

I was looking at performance numbers of various films lately and was surprised at how low CTX's TSER was compared to other ceramic and ir films.

I assume since it been out a good amount of time while a lot of the others are newer films.  I was hoping they would eventually tweak it for more performance (maybe a little more ir rejection), but I doubt it since they added Stratos to the F1 lineup.

22 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Especially when ATR blocks up to 61% TSER while CTX is up to 60%...hard to upsell someone when it has a lower number.  :lol

I say it has metal in it.

I do alot of cars with Comfort and a piece of Pinnacle on the back for no extra charge.

They start to eyeball the dyed film when ceramic is out of the budget.

Guest bbvaldezjuly4th

If I were to use a number.........

nope. Not even going there!

i just tell them this film kicks this films rear! 

Here! Feel this! 

:-) 

actually I also use other sales tools as well. 

For a vehicle? It is much more complex equation than simply calculating the percentage of increase in TSER of one film over the next. Technically speaking, the most effective way for a consumer to determine the real world difference between two film’s TSER’s is for you the Dealer to ditch the infrared heat lamp demo and simulate real sunlight conditions. Place decent sized samples on single pane clear glass exposed to the sun and. “feel the difference” with your face and hands. No meters, no misleading French fry bulbs... just plain old real sunlight conditions. :twocents