Has anyone seen dawn dishsoap eat up the adhesive on side and rear windows?

Look at the basic logic of the situation.  

Why do we use J&J over dish soap?  

J&J actually DOES NOT have soap in it(read the label).  Which is also why it is almost *tear free* for babies.    It is a simple formula with not much in it.  It has wax in it, which is why the babies head shines.  

Dish soap is designed to be destructive.  It has deteriorating components in it designed to break down other components it comes in contact with. 

Just eh simple logic of the situation is enough for me not use dish soap for install. :twocents  

42 minutes ago, highplains said:

I found the rest of the manual your sheet came from and unfortunately it's not dated but if I had to guess I'd say it's between 20 and 30 years old. It references films "coming soon" that to my knowledge aren't even available anymore, a lot of recommendations and practices change with time and new information. Ultimately it likely does come down to getting the maximum amount of slip pushed out no matter what you're using but at the same time I personally don't think that dish soap is worth the risk for me. J&J works well and seems to primarily be the industry standard for the time being. Maybe a decade from now we'll all be using something different. 

Yeah mines definitely old, mine didn't have the year either, only said Feb 14, i saw it said Volume 1, Number 1 so yeah, old. Even has an old font lol

1 hour ago, Bham said:

Look at the basic logic of the situation.  

Why do we use J&J over dish soap?  

J&J actually DOES NOT have soap in it(read the label).  Which is also why it is almost *tear free* for babies.    It is a simple formula with not much in it.  It has wax in it, which is why the babies head shines.  

Dish soap is designed to be destructive.  It has deteriorating components in it designed to break down other components it comes in contact with. 

Just eh simple logic of the situation is enough for me not use dish soap for install. :twocents  

:yep my thoughts exactly 

JnJ IS soap, look up the definition of soap, soap is never an ingredient in anything, soap just describes any mildly caustic cleanser that you use with water including both JnJ and Joy. JnJ has the same mildly caustic acid called sodium hydroxide just like Joy does, otherwise it wouldn't clean anything. The primary difference is what is used to prevent skin irritation from the mild acids. The concentrated and ultra dish liquids are the ones that i could see possibly damaging films due to the addition of degreasers. Like one shouldn't use Dawn 4X for slip. Soaps like JnJ and Joy are all made to deteriorate via sodium hydroxide or some form of acid. Otherwise we'd have a bunch of very dirty kids running around.