Does anybody tint part time?

56 minutes ago, poppawilly67 said:

full-time firefighter/emt here.  24 on and 48 off.  generally the 48 i am off, i am slinging tint.  been doing this for several years.  my fulltime job pays my taxes, child support, and bills.  so what i make tinting is mine.

@poppawilly67 I had a coworker at a truck accessory shop I worked at a while back who did the same thing.  He was 24 on/48 off and would work 1-2 days at our shop for extra cash and a discount on parts for this truck.  He said most of the guys he worked with either had a side job or business on their days off. 

Do you work for yourself or at a tint shop?

Did you work in a tint shop previously?  Or have you always been on your own?

•  

always been on my own.  never worked for a actual shop.  i got a buddy that does window tinting in a neighboring city and occassionally i will roll up to his shop and sling a little film visa versa. 

I tint full time, but in reality its part time, I quit my job about 6 months ago to mobile tint full time, at my old job i was used to making 10 an hr / 300 a week [I WAS PISS POOR]  The good news is im still used to living off this money . , so i dont need much to survive and i can make that in a car in 1.5 cars . So what i do  is list my self as being on call mon-saturday 9-4 and when im not tinting, I hang out BEING FREEE ALL DAY TO DO WHAT I WANT  and then when i get a call I go out and do the job! I dont know if you count that full time or part time, But for me its Freedom , and i get to work when i want .  i tint 2-6 cars a week which is either way quadruple what i made at my old Job

This is what scares about getting a shop.  For the first time in my life i am free and im not sure if I want to commit my self to the hours that shop involves!