Tinting over factory tinted glass

I apologize in advance for asking a noob question, but idk if I’ve ever seen it asked or answered. 

Example: if I put 15% on rear windows of an already factory done SUV, will it just be 15% or will that make it super dark?

I do know when it’s aftermarket if you cover 35% with 35% it technically makes it like 12% correct? 

20 minutes ago, TQtinting said:

I apologize in advance for asking a noob question, but idk if I’ve ever seen it asked or answered. 

Example: if I put 15% on rear windows of an already factory done SUV, will it just be 15% or will that make it super dark?

I do know when it’s aftermarket if you cover 35% with 35% it technically makes it like 12% correct? 

Its (almost) as simple as the math with this. Things aren't 100% accurate because, as we all know, our film and factory glass isn't 100% accurate either.

Most factory glass that is tinted is somewhere between 18% and 25% with a variance as high as +/- 5% depending on the manufacturer.

So if you take a piece of 18% factory glass and throw 50% over top, that will leave you around 9% installed. (18% x .50 = 9%)

Same example, if you take a piece of 18% factory glass and throw 15% over top that will leave you closer to 3% installed.

Say custy wants limo on Newer silverado or ram, put 15% over 15% factory you get 5%.  Best combo imo on these is 35% rear, 15% front for the same darkness all around. If its lighter privacy like older toyota, which s around 25%-30%, then do 5%.  Ive just been eyeing it or putting a white piece of paper behind it to gauge it that way. 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:49 PM, TQtinting said:

No