Last one to post #837

My Grandmother :angel

93 years is a LONG TIME.  What a gift to have lived THAT LONG.  No dementia or Alzheimers.  Still singing every word to every hymn just last month at the group time at the retirement village.  Survived the depression and world wars and had an amazing life.  I am so excited and can not wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures from her life.  Memories I have forgotten and things I never knew.  What a great woman and a great life to celebrate.  

Not sad that she is gone.  Happy for the life she had.  Death is a part of life and if you are lucky enough to be able to quote "say goodbye" properly, then passing is not a heartache but a celebration.  It's the sudden passing or the not being able to say goodbye while you still have time that creates the heartache.  I was lucky enough to be able too see my Granny regularly and was able to spend time with her in the end and say goodbye in the right way.  The way most people would want to do so.  So, now it's time to celebrate the amazing life she had and enjoy the peace that there is no more pain. :angel   

Edited by Bham

My Grandmother :angel

93 years is a LONG TIME.  What a gift to have lived THAT LONG.  No dementia or Alzheimers.  Still singing every word to every hymn just last month at the group time at the retirement village.  Survived the depression and world wars and had an amazing life.  I am so excited and can not wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures from her life.  Memories I have forgotten and things I never knew.  What a great woman and a great life to celebrate.  

Not sad that she is gone.  Happy for the life she had.  Death is a part of life and if you are lucky enough to be able to quote "say goodbye" properly, then passing is not a heartache but a celebration.  It's the sudden passing or the not being able to say goodbye while you still have time that creates the heartache.  I was lucky enough to be able too see my Granny regularly and was able to spend time with her in the end and say goodbye in the right way.  The way most people would want to do so.  So, now it's time to celebrate the amazing life she had and enjoy the peace that there is no more pain. :angel   

True words brother, my condolences to you and the family.