Last one to post #840

Evening all,  I wanted to get some feedback ( from all you regulars ) on steaming for removal. @no ma'am @jh812

@TintDude @Roach @Tintmaster08 @highplains @TNTLady Etc.

ive always bagged back glasses and heated and or scrapped sides for removal, until recently. One of the shops I tint for has a steamer ( cheap one) that I’ve been playing with for removal. It seems to be a roll of the dice on whether the film will leave glue or not. Just like bagging. My question is, would a nice steamer ( jiffy ) increase my success rate on the old film coming off clean with no adhesive left on the glass? Or does that depend more on the brand of film that’s on there already?

@Super Dave no I still think it's a crap shoot. I still bag back glasses as much as possible. Every removal I get I still warm up the steamer (jiffy) and try the removal with it. If it comes off clean great, if not I just rip it off and use ATR from 44 tools to remove the glue. Now of course that's the sides and not the front windshield or back glass . Those I'd say 90% of them I bag with pretty good results.