graphtech plotter pressure

I'm back at my old shop that I started in 97, and I'm helping to train the new owner. He has a plotter that he would like to use. he is having a hard time setting the pressure. it is either too much, or not enough. Is there anyone that could give some input? 

He tried a new blade before I left. In some spots it would cut through the liner and cause the film to bunch up, while not cutting deep enough in other spots. This would happen on the same run.

this plotter was mainly use to cut ppf for about 3 years. 

12 minutes ago, GusTheTinter said:

He tried a new blade before I left. In some spots it would cut through the liner and cause the film to bunch up, while not cutting deep enough in other spots. This would happen on the same run.

this plotter was mainly use to cut ppf for about 3 years. 

I had the same problem. I believe the solution was back down the pressure and increase blade depth.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, GusTheTinter said:

I'm back at my old shop that I started in 97, and I'm helping to train the new owner. He has a plotter that he would like to use. he is having a hard time setting the pressure. it is either too much, or not enough. Is there anyone that could give some input? 

We use a Graphtec 8600 and Clean Cut 25 Degree blades.  Our speed is set on 35 and the force is set on 16.  Blade depth set accordingly.  I have seen your issues on plotters before.  Usually the problem was a bad blade holder.  The blade holder not letting the blade spin freely. Your problem could also be caused by the cutting head being loose on the cutter.  Cut strips always come into play as well.  Just make sure there are no big grooves in the cut strip, if so, replace.  Good luck.  

Not sure on my speed off hand, machine is turned off for the day already.

I know I bumped my force from 9 to 10 right off the bat because I wasn't getting full clean cuts. I believe force is set to 11 right now. The blade holder and blade came from Amazon in a pinch to get the plotter running. I was scolded by my guy at LLumar when he helped me set it up over the phone for buying a "Google blade" as he called it. Recommended a blade holder and blade from them for longevity.

New Teflon cutting strip. Clean channel with brake parts cleaner prior to laying strip in. Make sure strip is level (some you buy or have get high spots from sitting). Warm, not hot with a heat gun and run finger covered with paper towel all the way to the en will let you know it is secured. I change strips once every two years. Don’t pounce thru the strip or have high spots and you are golden. Most people make the mistake of polling the old one off and laying the new one. The old one leaves adhesive in the channel and causes high spots. Like leaving glue on a window and tinting it.