Old car advice?

2 hours ago, florida tinter said:

first bump the price up....and tell the owner you will give a discount (back to normal price) if they clean the windows first.....and if there is any dirt .......their fault !

thats how I roll

When the interior has’nt been cleaned in years can make it really hard to get a good install. Its good idea to chrage more when you smell a turd. 

where do you get dirt spots?  older cars require some extra precautions.

mistings seats and headliner help prevent dust flying up as you get in and out of vehicle.

I use 1 1/2 inch painters tape on felt gaskets,  old ones are impossible to clean

rubber gaskets I use a tri-edge with a cloth over and scrub till clean

mist upper gasket to prevent debris falling and use minimal water to avoid dirt trails

take slip over top of window or down to prevent debris from coming in from sides

2 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Rubber sealed old f 150 rear window trash  was on top? Solid one piece not slider..

the rubber rear gaskets, I cut the film on the outside with a basic wedge cut.  scrub the inside with a white or blue scrub pad.   I dry fit the window to make sure it lays flat, trim where necessary.   light mist of slip and hang.   I avoid the top and sides one inch and take all water down squeegee and use chamois or something absorbant on the bottom to suck up the solution.  cloth over squeegee to do sides and top being careful not to let slip back under film.  

10 hours ago, shadytints said:

the rubber rear gaskets, I cut the film on the outside with a basic wedge cut.  scrub the inside with a white or blue scrub pad.   I dry fit the window to make sure it lays flat, trim where necessary.   light mist of slip and hang.   I avoid the top and sides one inch and take all water down squeegee and use chamois or something absorbant on the bottom to suck up the solution.  cloth over squeegee to do sides and top being careful not to let slip back under film.  

Thanks shady!

I have a similar process as Shady but it like to cut a uniform perimeter around the inside which cuts out a lot of dirt and also allows you to cut the tint in such a way as to not have a light gap.
I’m comfortable with doing it as I’ve done hundreds back in the day but don’t do it if your not comfortable cutting straight, thin and even .