3M CS 20 haze

I just had my windows on my 2017 Charger done  3weeks ago. The milky washed out haze is really bothersome. It looks great from the outside. But looking out when the sun is lower morning and evening it is almost dangerous and very hard to look through. I am told it is due to the factory glass. Any suggestions here.

There's not a whole lot that can be done other than trying a different film. It's not so much your factory glass as the angle of the factory glass combined with that particular film, and even your seating position in the vehicle can affect how you notice it(whether you drive in a more upright as opposed to a more reclined position). All of your higher performance films will typically have some degree of haze, some are better than others and the same film in a different vlt can be radically different. I install quite a bit of 3M Color Stable film, probably 4-5000sq ft in the last year, and I've only had two customers have an issue with the haze and both coincidentally had the CS20 installed. One customer didn't feel like it was bothersome enough to do anything about and chose to live with it while the other customer couldn't stand it and opted to have it removed and a different film installed.

Installed quite a bit of it also and some issues from customers. Halo effect was really the issue in the evening with them. There could be a few reasons you have haziness due to the slip used for install, ie; slip solutions, Dawn liquid, Ajax liquid ect. As apposed to JJ or joy....could be the shrink method used during prep (shrinking material too much is a big issue with the CS series. Some installers tend to shrink big peaks or fingers from the middle of the glass instead of creating a mushroom pocket and only sealing the edges...that will distort the film and create issues.

hope this may help

Edited by drtint
Auto correct was wrong

I had one complaint from a customer about it...more questioning the reason than an actual complaint.  You can go with a different film which could be the same result of slightly less.  One of our guys has it on his car and never had an issue with it.

20 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

3M Color Stable is not a 1-ply film.

Sure feels like it.  I ve been using since it came out in the early 2000's. They supposed to improve it over the years and claim is "ceramic" based but to me its just another 1ply dyed film and seen it fade and wrinkle on edges of glass after a short period.

23 minutes ago, TINT said:

Sure feels like it.  I ve been using since it came out in the early 2000's. They supposed to improve it over the years and claim is "ceramic" based but to me its just another 1ply dyed film and seen it fade and wrinkle on edges of glass after a short period.

Have no idea what you're talking about...3M CS is a Carbon film.  3M only has one Ceramic film which was made for flat glass.  They have a new Ceramic IR releasing in the next few months specifically for automotive called Nightfall.

Edited by DynamicATL