Tint waiver form

Hello , I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me a generic tint waiver form that they have a customer sign that wants to tint darker than suggested ? It’s never been an issues but with law enforcement now armed with Tint meters in our area now , I just want to cover my bases. Thanks for any help .[emoji4]

Wow. Had the vibe changed here from the old days ?

I’ll wait for a more positive response or perhaps repost in the area that I subscribe to help support the site after all these years [emoji53].

In our area ,tint is a vague law on the 2 fronts and a waiver is not uncommon. It’s not Illegal at any shade but not to be confused with unsafe and using one’s head. Anyways, I remember a few members years ago had a generic waiver made up and shared them here . Was wondering if there was one I could be directed to is all

3 hours ago, TintWizard said:

Wow. Had the vibe changed here from the old days ?

I’ll wait for a more positive response or perhaps repost in the area that I subscribe to help support the site after all these years emoji53.png.

In our area ,tint is a vague law on the 2 fronts and a waiver is not uncommon. It’s not Illegal at any shade but not to be confused with unsafe and using one’s head. Anyways, I remember a few members years ago had a generic waiver made up and shared them here . Was wondering if there was one I could be directed to is all

I didn't mean for that to come out as negative. The subject has been covered several times and always seems to end up as an argument of exactly what I said that in court it just shows you knowingly installed illegal film so it's not going to help your case. Once again I apologise if that came off negative because it wasn't meant to be.

I didn't mean for that to come out as negative. The subject has been covered several times and always seems to end up as an argument of exactly what I said that in court it just shows you knowingly installed illegal film so it's not going to help your case. Once again I apologise if that came off negative because it wasn't meant to be.

No worries. I’ve been a full-time Tint shop owner for over 30 some odd years now, I’m aware of the subject. In our area it’s actually not illegal, no tint is actually illegal. However with that being said if Tint was to ever cause an accident based on it being dark, that’s why I want the waiver. I use to be a moderator here many years ago so I know that it has actually been discussed in a pleasant manner and I was just trying to jar up some old memories if someone who shared it once before could share it again :thumb

Say Ric, If you happen to stumble across this thread, I did try the search but couldn’t find the waivers that used to be here, any chance you would know where they are or if they are still around?

Even in this situation, the waiver would prove you knew or felt it was unsafe when you installed it.  Still could put a bullseye on you from the insurance company, etc.  :twocents

Not at all . It’s different in Ontario Canada.
Too much to type and don’t want to go off topic of finding a waiver already done up . It’s all good , no worries [emoji4]

1 hour ago, TintWizard said:

Not at all . It’s different in Ontario Canada.
Too much to type and don’t want to go off topic of finding a waiver already done up . It’s all good , no worries emoji4.png

If not at all then no point to having the waiver.  If it is not illegal, but cops now have tint meters...too meter exactly what?  Some info is missing cause not making sense.  When I search for it there are laws in place since 2016...the way it is written is a little odd but info below.

https://gklaw.ca/window-tinting-laws-in-ontario/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ontario-limits-amount-of-allowable-window-tint-cyclists-rejoice-1.3657694

Edited by DynamicATL