Cuts on glass

That's too bad that happened to your new car.  People should learn from the damage on your car.  DO NOT CUT ON A CAR.  Use a sharpie and draw on the tint and cut it on the Peel board.  Back in the day, glass was not so soft and we could cut on the car.  Times and glass has changed.  Sharpies are cheap and windows are expensive.  

54 minutes ago, drtint said:

I read your comment. I was only commenting on the living with it and minimizing the issue. Nothing personal brother.

the whole response put me (and I am sure) a few life long trade individuals with the wrong perception of an installation business. No one needs to have that done to their property. If I go and get an oil change and my car falls off the rack and has damage and you tell me it happens some time and to look beyond that, is that what I should do? You provide a service, I expect that service to be done with your provisional expertise and not to worry about damages incurred for that particular project. 

If I bring my property to you and you damage it, I expect to receive it with my wants that I paid for minus the damage. That is my point. 

I agree 100% with your comment and OP frustration.  I expect the same when I pay for service..

my comment about some form of damage/ cosmetic when getting work done etc was not directed at the tinting business.

ie..if you have ever had your tires rotated..check your rims out … look for tool marks from the impact wrenches by the lug nuts... (hopefully you don't have any..but don't be surprised to see them).

the challenge  ..is when the damage is what I would term "cosmetic.." 

the repair / replacement itself (for me) is more damaging than living with the cosmetic damage.

ie.. scratch on your quarter panel.. would you really want to have a body shop grind down the quarter panel/ adjacent panels, (removing non replaceable quality of factory baked on paint) or simply use some touch up paint, if at all, or just live with it and move on... 

in this instance.. glass scratches.. would you really want to have the factory glass removed and aftermarket glass installed for a few scratches that you have to look for in the right light/ angle conditions... or just live with it..

with that being said.. I was not discouraging the OP from seeking remedy from the installer, if the OP opts for that route..

im sure we have all been in that situation and in some instances, we opt to pursue remedy..and in other instances.. we just live with it..

Edited by tools

:yeah well said, I still cut on glass. Not saying I'm perfect.... but no wait I'm perfect :lol haven't scratched a window making a pattern in years, but I learned the hard way. :dunno  it was an old blade, I was struggling to see, or it was my rough cut before I shrunk the window when I was rushed. 

21 hours ago, tools said:

forI agree 100% with your comment and OP frustration.  I expect the same when I pay for service..

my comment about some form of damage/ cosmetic when getting work done etc was not directed at the tinting business.

ie..if you have ever had your tires rotated..check your rims out … look for tool marks from the impact wrenches by the lug nuts... (hopefully you don't have any..but don't be surprised to see them).

the challenge  ..is when the damage is what I would term "cosmetic.." 

the repair / replacement itself (for me) is more damaging than living with the cosmetic damage.

ie.. scratch on your quarter panel.. would you really want to have a body shop grind down the quarter panel/ adjacent panels, (removing non replaceable quality of factory baked on paint) or simply use some touch up paint, if at all, or just live with it and move on... 

in this instance.. glass scratches.. would you really want to have the factory glass removed and aftermarket glass installed for a few scratches that you have to look for in the right light/ angle conditions... or just live with it..

with that being said.. I was not discouraging the OP from seeking remedy from the installer, if the OP opts for that route..

im sure we have all been in that situation and in some instances, we opt to pursue remedy..and in other instances.. we just live with it..

Your comment was directly focused on the tinting and installation business.You apparently didn’t read what I said. This needs to be addressed. You came to the forum looking for guidance and solidification to your issues. Don’t care about the tire or oil change senecio, bottom line, you take your ride to a business that does x work you give them your keys, you expect to pick up your vehicle with completed minus any other issues. As you said there comes a time to live with it.

i work on 4 thousand dollar cars as well as 2.5 million dollar cars and upwards to 70 million dollar yachts . My point is, you seem to be trying to rebuff the and find a way that would make that install acceptable. Not going to go into it, but if you can find a way that you accept that job, move on, if not, man up and express your self to them and stop thinking and feeling that that quality of work is worth paying for.

you have them install OEM glass and trust me it won’t happen again there. Let them have the glass taken care of and tint your windows. 

@drtint

hey man..i think theres some confusion going on here..

based on your response 

"You came to the forum looking for guidance and solidification to your issue"

...its read like you think im the OP ...im not....?? OP = original poster whom is "OctiveFunction"

original thread header:

Cuts on glass

By OctiveFunction, Monday at 07:21 PM in General Discussion 

im not the OP of this thread.

i was offering suggestions to the OP  on what to do about the scratches on his car... 

my comment which you circle back to... did not say anything about tint installers:  this is what i wrote

"heres what ive learned:  9 out of 10 times when you have someone work on your car..there will be some sort of damage"  

for me that was in reflection on dealer service depts which are well known for causing issues / damages during service... 

moving on......this post isnt about me....its about the OP issue and i think i offered him some consolation..that this happens to others....

I did not comment about what he should do as a recourse remedy b/c frankly I cant help him with that

nor did he ask.. 

his post asked about whether the cuts were caused by the tint installation.. 

I offered some sound advice about how to take care of the scratches.ie...get a DA polisher and glass polish and see if the scratches will polish out, if so.. at least the scratches on his new car is resolved with a low intrusion method....

with all that said ...its all good man. (drtint)...lets move on and hopefully the OP resolves his issue in a way that works for him.

the bigger question is where did the OP go? lol

he hasnt replied since his initial post lol  seems like he got his answer..which was a few posts suggesting that the scratches were caused by cutting tint on the window

Edited by tools

Thanks everyone for all the comments. Many of them have been real helpful. Unfortunately, the tint installer is denying all responsibility for my windows. 

Sorry for my lack of responses.  I’ve been busy and I was also working on getting better videos and pictures of the front windows. I found the trick is to get decent lighting and stick a dark shirt on the inside of my windows.  These were done at a car wash. 

welcome back man

i can only offer suggestion with how to potentially get rid of the scratches....

DA polisher with glass polish...this will only work for loght surface scratches...maybe looking at 150 bucks bw polisher ..pads and glass polish..and you can use the DA polisher to polish /wax your new car..

if you go this diy route..research the right pad and only buy glass polish..std auto paint polish will marr your glass...glass polish is designed to polish glass....

another option is to go to a reputable car detailer whom would offer you glass polishing service...id ask to see their glass polish first to make sure they have the right product..the label will say "....glass polish..." if they show you anything else which does not label as glass polish..id walk away and find someone else.

good luck man