Shop misleading customers

I ran into a shop in Costa Mesa California. Checking out their films and It seems that they are  

lying about their products. The shop is www.signaturetint.com

They claim there Llumar ATC is a carbon film and their Wincos film is a Nano ceramic.

No where on llumars website did I find the word carbon and when checking the madico wincos website,

theres nothing about Nano Ceramic, what kind of film is this wincos film. Can someone please let me know if this shop is full of s--t. If so, is it legal

to misrepresent your products as something it is not. I remember when working for a sales company we had insurance that would cover any claims for being sued for 

misrepresenting our products.

I have seen the ATC thing on their website before.  ATC is not a carbon film nor does Llumar have a carbon film.  Wincos is not a nano-ceramic, it is an IR film that outperforms most ceramic films.  With that being said, I have heard nothing but good things about Signature's quality along with a customer on here recently getting work there after being recommended.  As far as being legal, you would need to direct that to a lawyer.  I can tell you probably half of the shops in this industry mislead customers or flat out lie and this industry isn't the only one.

Whats going on everyone, this is David Read, I am the owner at Signature Glass Tinting. No one is misleading customers. A few weeks ago I received an E-mail from an anonymous person that basically told me the same thing. I have a feeling that I know who it is but thats really not important. After I received the anonymous e-mail I picked up the phone and called both manufacturers. The Wincos according to the manufacturer is a Nano Ceramic window film and the newest, latest and greatest literature, display board stickers and marketing material from the manufacturer says 'NANO CERAMIC". I don't have the literature with me right now but our new display board stickers are sitting on my desk at the shop and again they say "NANO CERAMIC" window film. When I asked my sales rep about this I was told that YES, the Wincos is a Nano-Ceramic Window Film. 

Now regarding the LLumar ATC, back in the day our web-site said that the LLumar ATC was the best deep dyed polyester window film on the market. We had some verbiage that the ATC was a 'CARBON STYLE"  window film. Its funny, carbon is a marketing word or a buzz word. Back in the day it was a Spanish word for charcoal but now a days we have new manufacturers taking the marketing buzz words to new levels and actually trade marketing terms that everyone uses. It might be a little bit sneaky but it's very smart, so good for them. Bottom line is that we took down the "carbon style" verbiage and we are still receiving anonymous e-mails and posts like this one. 

If anyone has any questions about the Wincos, please simply give them a call, regarding the ATC I guess if you really are concerned about the Carbon misunderstanding try refreshing your history, cookies, cache etc. You will see that we do not use the words 'Carbon Style" any longer. 

44 minutes ago, CostaMesaDave said:

Whats going on everyone, this is David Read, I am the owner at Signature Glass Tinting. No one is misleading customers. A few weeks ago I received an E-mail from an anonymous person that basically told me the same thing. I have a feeling that I know who it is but thats really not important. After I received the anonymous e-mail I picked up the phone and called both manufacturers. The Wincos according to the manufacturer is a Nano Ceramic window film and the newest, latest and greatest literature, display board stickers and marketing material from the manufacturer says 'NANO CERAMIC". I don't have the literature with me right now but our new display board stickers are sitting on my desk at the shop and again they say "NANO CERAMIC" window film. When I asked my sales rep about this I was told that YES, the Wincos is a Nano-Ceramic Window Film. 

Now regarding the LLumar ATC, back in the day our web-site said that the LLumar ATC was the best deep dyed polyester window film on the market. We had some verbiage that the ATC was a 'CARBON STYLE"  window film. Its funny, carbon is a marketing word or a buzz word. Back in the day it was a Spanish word for charcoal but now a days we have new manufacturers taking the marketing buzz words to new levels and actually trade marketing terms that everyone uses. It might be a little bit sneaky but it's very smart, so good for them. Bottom line is that we took down the "carbon style" verbiage and we are still receiving anonymous e-mails and posts like this one. 

If anyone has any questions about the Wincos, please simply give them a call, regarding the ATC I guess if you really are concerned about the Carbon misunderstanding try refreshing your history, cookies, cache etc. You will see that we do not use the words 'Carbon Style" any longer. 

excellent David!! Sorry you're dealing with this. Crazy what people will try to pick apart. Someone is looking at you hard lol, be happy that the best they could do was that your website said "carbon style" :rollin Hope you have a good week :beer 

Thank you Diablo, It sure is a bummer dealing with this kind of stuff. Anyone that has ever stepped foot in my shop knows that not only do I truly offer the absolute best window film in the industry but I also am lucky and blessed that over the years I’ve hired the absolute best window film installers and then we back everything up with the absolute best warranty possible.  

Since my last post I talked to another shop owner here in Orange County about the situation and the truth is we both agreed that the Wincos is an infrared absorbing window film. We also discussed that no where online can you find where the manufacturer says that the Wincos is a nano ceramic window film.  Now of course the reason why I have this film labeled as a nano ceramic window film is because I have literature and other printed materials from the manufacturer that says nano ceramic but the truth is I feel we should be able to direct the consumer in the direction of their website that backs up the literature we have at the shop. So of course you know what I have to do first thing Monday morning is 4CC04368-3600-4D9A-926F-3297C2DEE837.jpeg.45913b59033337b0d33cc3ce0844fa84.jpegE56AEC0E-FB7D-4008-A1A0-368A0113267D.jpeg.158f39a0273972306c0f680eff3a0922.jpeg654F244A-C712-4CBA-AC2F-B2A763EAA80B.jpeg.35b1b5fa58bdf7ac9fd16ef0b907d989.jpegcontact the manufacturer and find out what the hell is going on. Now with that being said,  I drove to the shop and I found the new display board stickers that I received from Wincos and they actually say on them that this is a nano ceramic window film. I have attached a couple pictures for you to see and again like I said above if anyone has any questions do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you Diablo for the friendly message and also Dynamic  thank you for the nice words you wrote above. Tomorrow is Monday morning and it’s time for us all to make some money and take care of families. I hope everybody has a great week. 

What ceramic film is actually not a Nano Ceramic? How is something like this even an issue? I let people know that its ceramic and out of all the customers we have ever had, not a single one has asked if it is nano.