Bad job or normal issue?

10 hours ago, Sparks_333 said:

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll take it down this week and ask them to redo it. I am a bit worried they'll deliberately damage the demister to prove a point, or use shitty tint film instead..

I'm guessing the damaged section everyone's referring to is the dark shaded spot on the lower right hand side?

I dunno if they can replace a made in China film with a worse made in China film

9 hours ago, Sparks_333 said:

@blackoutauto haha and here I thought Rayno was decent!! Shows what I know lol..

@poppawilly67 the specs are just pollen from the tree I'm tragically parked under until I get my garage back next week..

to be honest It would fool me  as well. The name sounds badass

On 11/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, blackoutauto said:

Yea one section of the defrost lines already come off. Even if they are worried its gonna damage the defrost line removing the film. It probably already doesnt work anyways so what difference does it make. just kindly ask them to remove it and have it reinstalled.

Yep

UPDATE
Went back and they were happy enough to remove the tint, clean off the gunk and redo the job. I also noticed a small bubble in the passenger side window, and they were fine about removing and replacing that tint as well.

Noe y'all got me scared about Rayno apparently being junk... but I guess I'll deal with that when/if it becomes a problem haha

One thing to keep in mind in terms of quality of material - a lot depends on where you are located, the kind of sun you have, how long your summer is, etc. A film might last a lot longer here where I am in Jersey then down in Florida. Many more factors to go into why a film would fail then just the brand. IMO