Do or do not keep doing dealership work...

I do a little dealer work, but only for salesman that want quality. And I tell them to pass my number on to their customer. So it keeps it strictly retail. Even used car lots I won’t budge on my price. They keep sending me work. It’s not a lot, but it’s recurring. Screw net 30. Screw having to set aside a $300 job for a $100 job. Screw pushy salesman that don’t even know what they’re selling. I’m lucky in that I don’t need to push dealer work, retail keeps me busy enough. 

Screw relying on dealers and dealing with their BS!! Just get the work yourself or add services. I got more than enough auto and adding ppf soon...nope dont need to tint 80% off for no reason. 

🖕🖕🖕 Dealers!!!

Edited by pbalentine
Added one more finger

My shop tinted for 2 dealerships at one time.  I coordinated with their accounts payable person and asked them when they wanted a statement.  That statement included the YMM of the vehicle, VIN and Stock number.  In developing this relationship I was able to bill on the 20th and get my check by the 5th.  My dealership work paid all my overhead for the shop and they just passed it along to the customer when the vehicle sold.  I gave them a volume discount if they brought me so many cars per month.

I don’t see the reason for dealership work. You should be able to get the work yourself, and charge what you’re worth. I do 4-5 cars/day charging 350-600 a car. Most dealerships want to pay $150/car, and i’d have to wait up to 3 months for the check. And id have to drop everything for the dealership if they call. 

There are pros and cons to doing dealer work. If you do great work you they will come looking for you, just layout your terms.  However, if your not getting paid quick enough maybe consider not issuing a warranty until final payment has been made on the that invoice. The down side is dealers are not loyal. I have had plenty and lost plenty but they always come back because  we have been consistent for 19 years now. I don't turn them away but we don't give discounts like we use to.