Xpel Prime Plus vs. Huper Optic Nano Ceramic

Guest Tint Novice Darren

Guest Tint Novice Darren

I'm in Los Angeles. I have two tint shops on standby for my coupe. Based on their yelp reviews (volume and stars), they are both reputable as far as workmanship. 

For the same price of $400, covering all windows except front windshield:

-Shop A is offering Xpel Prime Plus

-Shop B is offering Huper Optic Nano Ceramic. If desired, Shop B also offers Drei on the sides for an extra $100. 

Tint Pros, what do I do here?? I care mostly about keeping heat out. Appearance wise, I only care that the tint stay one color for 2.5 years (this is a lease) and doesn't sway a certain hue to distinctly. Please advise - thank you in advance for your opinions!

-Darren

Your best bet if you're concerned about the hue being noticeable would be to swing by both shops and look at a sample of each in the shade you want and see what you like the best. :twocents That should also give you the chance to see some of their work in person and either confirm or question their Yelp rating. With the rest of your criteria I believe either film will likely suit your needs well.

Guest Drtyjrsy

The prime plus is more blue and the hyper ceramic is more reflective depending on the shade. Also weigh in with your decision how dark you’d like it. The drei comes in one or two shades only. The darker HO ceramic films are pretty reflective. 

Either way you cut it those prices for those products from a reputable company, there’s no wrong answer if performance is your top priority 

Guest #Bestwestwindowtinting.Inc

I am an installer in Calgary and I use xpel XR Plus it is a hybrid nano-ceramic just watch a video on it on YouTube it's pretty wicked stuff at 1200 a box it better be. Good luck buddy.

Guest TexazTrendz

Xpel XR Plus for the win! 🤩

You will not need and extra layer of film like shop B is wanting to do lol 😂 keep your 100 and thank me later 😁

Both good films, Huper has a much longer track record.  Huper will have a slight silver look while the XR Plus will have the normal charcoal/black look.  It really depends on your preference as far as the looks.  I do not like the silver, but one of our guy's car is tinted in the Huper Ceramic and we have had a bunch of people request that look.  As far as the "real" comment, both are real Ceramic films.  The difference is Huper Ceramic contains no dye (hence the silver look) and is patented.  It is like comparing a Nissan Leaf to a Tesla S and saying the Telsa is a "real" electric car.  Both are electric cars, Tesla just might be more innovative.