Vivvid ppf reviews...

Guest Dentpusher

Guest Dentpusher

I have a buddy who wants to try this stuff vs Suntek?! But it's his vehicle.   Anyone tried it and have feedback?   It will be easier to wrap hood edges I'm thinking since it goes on dry.

6 hours ago, Guest Aden said:

Orange peel over 9000 but it is cheap. 

Well, it's going on a white 4Runner so peel won't be super noticeable outside.   Thanks for input.  

Anyone else?

Appearance and price should be the least of anyone’s concerns, as most films look fairly similar when applied and generally have a cost in the same general ballpark.  

Make sure you do some testing with staining/discoloration in mind.  I’ve never seen this film, but I would apply this advice to any product. 

Their vinyl wasn't the greatest so id imagine it would be a pig to install as well. I can get most edges with PPF like vinyl except the obvious pointy ones like the back of a hood, a slight line having to trim them is nothing.

Avery have me test their unreleased Gen 2 SPF PPF film and it was actually quite nice to work with. They are testing it side by side with a number of films and also do age testing and other tests like they do with their Vinyl. Like Jeff said they will all look the same when applied but there are companies that put a lot of time and money into R&D and then there are those that will only care how it looks when first applied.

Having said that I do believe there is a market for 'lower quality' films that don't need to last as long. Plenty of 4WD's out there that want a layer that is going to get smashed pretty quick, caravan coverage. Even covering things like bench's, toolchests etc. These people don't need the best, the film will get trashed quickly so forking out big bucks for that is a bit crazy and is a whole section of a market missed.

The flip side to that is now there are so many films out there, some fairly cheap that more places are just picking up PPF as a service with pretty poor quality installs. Learning from YouTube just like what has happened in the vinyl wrap world. All business get affected by that sort of flooding of the industry no matter how much they stick by their quality.

Personally I can't really see a reason to go for a cheaper film. Most of the cost is in the installation and going for a cheaper film will only save a few £ or $ unless you let it eat into your labour charge and why would you want to do that?

Having had a quick look at the Vivvid ppf it looks like it's a wet install the same as Suntek.

Steve

If I am not mistaken, they just buy Hexis and rename it. Alot of companies are doing that in the middle east and Asia. Some of my clients brought me some from Dubai to look at and test. 

Not a fan.

Like the Ceramic Pro deal where I heard they are buying the film from XPEL and they made Fusion for the trade. I like IGL Kenzo in coatings.

I may be wrong.