What are your thoughts on this tint job?

Hey everyone! I recently tinted my brand new VW GTI here in the Bay Area.  I paid $475 for IRX on all the windows minus the windshield and the front two triangles. On judgement day (about 2 weeks after the tint job) I rolled down the window and noticed that the front end of the driver side front window had nearly zero edge gap and that there was about an 1/16th inch (1.6mm) of gap on the back end, see attached photo. On the driver side rear quarter window, I noticed a nice chuck of debris stuck near the edge of the film, also see attached photo. The passenger side rear quarter window initially had a decent gap on the edge and has now started to bubble, this is clearly a re-do so I don't have any questions on that one.  But referring the first two findings listed here, are those two windows considered acceptable to the community here in terms of installation quality? I'm not familiar with the industry so any insight would be much appreciated.  Specifically, I need to know if my $475 bitterness towards this is justified or if I am just being excessively OCD. Thanks for reading everyone, look forward to your inputs.

InkedIMG_1866_LI.jpg

Driver Front Window.jpg

I'm going to say you're being excessively ocd. The quarter window having a single speck that small is no big deal, and yes I would call that a speck not a chunk. As far as the top gap is concerned, if there's going to be any gap I strive to make it as even as possible but a sixteenth isn't going to be a deal breaker in my opinion. Generally the only way you're going to get better than that is by bumping the pattern up a bit and shaving the excess, which I do in those instances where the pattern is off significantly but even then you can end up with some inconsistencies due to the bevels on the glass not being perfect. 

55 minutes ago, Richnaz said:

If it’s ocd I wouldn’t care but 475 I do and especially if you see debris I’m giving them a ring, I am positive debris doesn’t get along with tints

I've done thousands upon thousands of windows and I doubt that there was one that didn't have some sort of " speck " in it.  It's the nature of the beast in our world.  Trying for a perfect instal in an imperfect instal situation.  The perfect install never happens.  Unless you have a huge amount of specks together in one spot or more than one or two here or there, there is really nothing to complain about.  Debris happens and doesn't affect quality film.  While it won't go away, it won't hurt it.   Just my two cents. 

Look through the film = not at it.  

Good luck.  

Edited by Bham

Of the 4 cars that come through the shop today, 2 were clean enough for a nice install. Shop can be spotless and pressure washed daily, but all it takes I a car full of dog hair. Or...... 1 that doesn’t get cleaned.... once in 5 years. We’re here to provide the illusion of perfection. Pic of my arm after cleaning back glass on 15 bmw convertible. 782F9006-4D1D-407B-952A-986BE0869835.png.b1f5157df63cffc278e034648c3c99b1.png

B2882C2D-8C9C-4E1A-B1FA-963CDE4525F5.png