Should tint be reapplied?

I have had windshield tinted for a little under a year. In certain sunlight, you can see odd lines in the film. I have tried to clean both sides of the windshield to no avail so it only makes sense to me that there is something in between the film and glass. 

should I have the film removed and new tint applied to get rid of this? 

thanks. 

AA25B564-C989-4506-A8B9-B7250749555C.jpeg.4c887cf3174ec644eaa9f1dfbe596452.jpeg

That should be redone. Pretty sure that won't ever go away .  

Hard to tell which part of the process that is being caused by, but it's either ghost marks from improper shrinking techniques. Or it's from a slip solution issue on the install side.  Either way it needs to be redone and more care taken  during install.  

2 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Wont dont people just call the F’ing shop that did it??

Because I wanted to ask for an opinion from others before going back to the shop - they already replaced the windshield tint shortly after install in October of last year for more obvious defects in the film caused during install. I did not notice these marks until this summer as the sun hits from different angles (only visible in the late afternoon); I was not confident they were caused by the tint and wanted to gather feedback from others that may know or have seen this before. It is difficult to see it in person unless the sun is at a certain angle so posting pictures to an online forum was, in my opinion, the most logical first step in beginning the process of getting the tint replaced. I thought posting to a tint forum would be helpful so that I can, to an extent, know that I am presenting them with an issue that was caused by the install rather than something that may have been caused by myself over the course of the last 9 - 10 months of ownership. 

4 hours ago, Squigglylines said:

so that I can, to an extent, know that I am presenting them with an issue that was caused by the install rather than something that may have been caused by myself over the course of the last 9 - 10 months of ownership. 

You are correct for stopping by here,, sorry about the rudeness.  Happens with tinters sometimes :heh 

If you can't feel those marks in any way (not scratches or abrasions) then it's probably not your fault.  Also the fact they are only visible at certain angles and times of lighting,, then it's probably in the film or in-between the film and glass.  

Edited to say = Please don't go back expecting to get a full refund because of that defect.  You are as much at fault as the tinter for not taking back sooner.  After this long it must not "really" bother you, so I would at least try to meet him half way, IF he decided to work with you on it.  

Good luck.  

Edited by Bham

Looks like "ghosting" which is a metal in film gathering heavily when shrinking the film.  I had this with an all metal film when I started.  

Proper shrink is needed to spread out the heat.....

Take it back.

3 hours ago, Bham said:

Edited to say = Please don't go back expecting to get a full refund because of that defect.  You are as much at fault as the tinter for not taking back sooner.  After this long it must not "really" bother you, so I would at least try to meet him half way, IF he decided to work with you on it.  

Good luck.  

I am 100% willing to pay for it.

I have STEK NEX Series installed on all windows (15%) and windshield (70%). Their % tiers go from 70 down to 45, which may be a little too dark for a windshield so I might have them add the 55% prime xr 

The comment above about metal in the film is interesting. 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:58 PM, Squigglylines said:

I have had windshield tinted for a little under a year. In certain sunlight, you can see odd lines in the film. I have tried to clean both sides of the windshield to no avail so it only makes sense to me that there is something in between the film and glass. 

should I have the film removed and new tint applied to get rid of this? 

thanks. 

AA25B564-C989-4506-A8B9-B7250749555C.jpeg.4c887cf3174ec644eaa9f1dfbe596452.jpeg

Well Sir. I believe you have a few things going on. 
first, did you notice this back then?

second, you mentioned you tried to clean inside and out yourself?, what did you use and how?

last, try alcohol and water mix to clean and a separate towel to wipe residue that is left. Looks like you left a bit of window cleaner behind and it dried. 
pics don’t do much for all that.

looks as it could have been cleaned and wiped side to side and then up and down and walked away. 
no abrasive or crazy scrubbing should have been done.

if it took a year to notice it, it most likely isn’t the install. 
just saying.

cheers.