2022 venza

I need your help just bought my dream car a 22 venza however it's a nightmare I really need tints on my driver & passenger windows but was told no because it will damage window and scratch easily due to uvu glass. I plan to keep this car for years cannot do it without tints. Please advise 🙏 

Let the shop know that this is an issue with this model. Gently clean with microfibers(no blades, steel wool) and use the best quality film you can find. I would recommend a Global ceramic because of the hearty scratch resistance. :twocents 

This is an issue thats been discussed here. I think there is a thread in the makes and models section on this topic.

Go to the shop and get it repaired and get the coating done from where the damage is done. And before that, you want to check the cv centre uk reviews. You check the reviews through the link. And here you will also get to see the testimonials of the customers. By reading this you will also be happy and you would like to build your career from this company.

Edited by NathanThomas

I'm curious about whether this is the same coating that interferes with film tacking up well? This was an issue a few years (maybe a decade) back and the solution was to remove the coating using a high grade glass polish (Zaino12 comes to mind)>

Is there anyone who can enlighten me on this, since I've been in retirement and don't know if this coating is something different?

@Tintguy1980This coating reminds me of the old school flow-on. Kinda brownish, scrapes horrible if you accidentally get into it. Like ATL says, you can feel that something is there if you rub your hand across it. 

The hydrophobic glass that was shedding water was fun. Now a bunch of the detail lots are using a ceramic infused glass cleaner that acts about the same. I've had some luck breaking it with a white(least aggressive) clay bar.

21 hours ago, Dano said:

@Tintguy1980This The hydrophobic glass that was shedding water was fun. Now a bunch of the detail lots are using a ceramic infused glass cleaner that acts about the same. I've had some luck breaking it with a white(least aggressive) clay bar.

I've been using a torch to good effect, just have to be extremely careful