Formula one cost for windshield and front two doors?

The best shop in my city quoted about $250 for formula one for the two front windows and about $330 to install formula one stratos (both prices inclusive of labor). It looks like folks on reddit are getting their entire car done for around $400-500 or less! I guess this partially depends on how good formula one is compared to other products on the market. My main objective in tinting is lowering the heat inside the vehicle. Any thoughts on whether these are fair prices? This is for a 2012 corolla.

Window tint pricing is all over the place, depending on the film and how much the shop thinks their time is worth. A higher priced shop may mean they're paying their installers more, attracting better talent, but there is no guarantee. I know an Audio shop that has crazy prices, but installation quality is near flea market level. It might be worth it if you feel that shop will give you the best installation.

With that being said, why are you wanting to tint just the 2 front doors on a sedan? Doing a heat rejection film on just the front doors will not do much since heat will come through all other windows like normal. So you are paying a premium for virtually no change. I would rethink that.

It is unusual to simply do the windshield and front doors, unless they are already tinted. It's also a good idea to keep your expectations of performance from applied film at a low to moderate level. Film performs best when the vehicle is in motion or parked in the sun on a windy day. When parked in the sun all day with little wind, not so much.

Any air movement across tinted glass carries the absorbed solar energy from the glass. No air movement leads to a tinted or clear window car heating up inside as the transmitted and or absorbed solar energy gets radiated toward to the cooler interior. This goes on until reaching the 'gosh this car is hot' when climbing in scenario.

To that end, I would not suggest Stratos, since it has some of the highest absorption rates in automotive window film. FormulaOne film IS one of the gold standards of the industry and you will find their Pinnacle works well without the high absorption rates found in Stratos.

I would also suggest something less expensive for an 11 year old car.

There are plenty of brands out there that can serve you well in performance, life expectancy, and in terms of impact on your wallet. Examples would be: Global, Express, Xpel, LLumar, Madico, SolarGard, et al.

are they the best or are they just big advertisers with a huge fancy shop . Here in orlando people see these franchise stores that charge crazy price with employee i wouldnt hire as the top tint shops in town  . These big shop have advertising budget of $10 k a month . Look for a shop with a good product and good reviews and go check them out .