Tint shop owner please reply

So I had a Tesla model 3 with full ceramic installed. This customer got it done two months ago. First complaint was a smudge possibility thumb print on the headliner. Ok no big deal I ask her if she could come in for me to clean. She stated she was busy and unable to come in. I asked if she had glass cleaner and that should remove the mark easily. Next day I get a call saying there’s bubbles. I told her please let it dry and I could check when you make an appointment. She states she super busy and makes an appointment two months later. Today was the day and her boyfriend brings the car in. They’re those arrow stickers to each imperfection. Front windshield two dust specks. Front right window one speck. Rear right window two dust specks. Pretty much same on the other side. Sunroof one dust speck. I heat it out and since it’s been two months these are not fully disappearing like if it was fresh. This customer now states she wants a full refund and tint to be removed. 

Sorry for the rant but I want to see what some of you guys would do in this case. Btw I have full video of these imperfections. I’ve already narrowed it to two options and I’m leaning one way. Whats are my options as a shop owner and what are her options legally ethical etc. Thanks Brothers. 

You need to tell the customer about drying time, and normal amount of imperfections BEFORE you start the job and also give it to them in writing BEFORE the job, When they drop the car off and they are choosing a film or whatever, hand them a hard copy of this: https://www.tintdude.com/care.html/ and go over it with them so they know what to expect.

During my time tinting I found customers were the worst part of the job. I went through every variation of the scenario you described, so each time I had a customer that didn't believe me about the drying time, or found some flaw that is more visible with tint etc, I realized they would not believe me if I explain this after the job is done because it sounds like bullsht excuses.

I realized I had to preempt the situation before the work even begins.

I’ve heard this from you a very long time ago and just never felt the need as the prices went up so did most of the bad customers. I have my screening techniques down but this one slipped through the cracks. Trust me my techniques would have fished this one out except for the fact someone else booked the appointment for her. 🍻 brother. 

On 5/31/2023 at 12:53 PM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

The money will be well spent if I never have to see her again. 

I cannot recall the number of times I've taken on this position with a customer. I call it the taillight refund.

Like TD said, people suck; for the most part they are entitled, petulant children.