this is for the owners ..

Guest tintgod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L.L.Tint
I don't believe it's right to ask an installer to work for less just because the boss or owner decides to give a discount. if he wants to give the discount, it should come from his pocket, not the installer.

Bingo :uh

Guest tintgod
Discounts are few & far between so my installer knows it's something special if I give any discount. I usually will do the discounted vehicle myself & it's a voluntery thing if he wants to help. :lol

yeah...but my boss is an asshat...and give discounts almost daily...and it is p1ss1ng me off...DAILY... :hmmm ..

he give deals to friend of friends of friends...or even better dealers friends... :hmmm:hmmm

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:krazy asshat .....tell that ashhat to tint the @#$% himself if he wants to do it for nothing, my times worth money...I'd pay him the measly 20 bucks he expects me to work for just to sit on my ass for the hour it would take to tint the car. whoa sorry....good thing I make the prices and hand out the cash at the end of the job. :krazy

was just wondering..do you guys/gals pay your employees full retail if you give customers deals..and the owner...you...take the cut...for instance...dealers,friends,dealer referals etc....or...if you throw in a window strip to a customer... :please

[*]158093

I have a retail price and a wholesale price (car dealers). I pay my installers % on the wholesale price if I decide to give a tint job to a long time customer or if like the other day the customer tried to pass a bad check (telecheck worth the money) then used a extra set of keys to drive off as he went to get personal stuff out of the car so we could keep it till he could pay for it! Tinters got paid wholesale %, customer ended up in jail the next day and I lost all the way around????..

www.autowindowtinting.com :thumb

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

wow an extra key eh...I've thought someone might try that. Whenever the cars out of the shop sitting for the customer we try and write down the license plate...not regularly but if we get a feeling or something. we know the local cops and could easily get it taken care of.

I disagree with paying the installer a lower rate if you are giving a "buddy deal" to someone. It's not the tinter's buddy, why should the installer take the hit?

If the bossmang wants to give a discount price to a buddy, or for whatever reason, then let the bossmang take the hit. The installer is still doing the same amount of work, and is still expected to give a first rate job. Just because the boss wants to give a friend a break on the price...then let the boss actually take thr hit for giving the price break. Pay that dang installer what he would normally get on the job.

After all, it's not the installer's buddy that is getting the price break, it's the boss's buddy, let the bossmang eat the difference.

Archived