'80's 944

Guest CloudWalker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I shrank my first 944 today :beer

Did it in 4 pieces... And yes I had to shrink each piece! It came out beautiful though. I will try and post pics later...Mr P is out there doing the sides as I type :twocents

:nope

9441.jpg9443.jpg

:lol2:lol2:lol2 WAY to go!!! 4 pieces on THAT car is definately respectable!!!! I dont think I've ever seen one done in less than 6. I have done 2 in my life. (I didn't learn any better from the first one!! :lol2 ) I've blown off every one since then. All 3 0r 4 of them in 20 years.

I surely hope you got righteously paid for it!!! NICE JOB!!! :lol2:nope:lol2:dunno

Good job V ! :nope That car required experience and old school splicing techniques IMO to get the job done right AND where you have the confidence in the longevity of the job. I personally don't think I could 1 peice that window (although admittedly I haven't attempted to with improved films over the yrs) but I'm a firm believer (as Dan mentioned) that all back windows were not meant to be done in 1 peice. Just because someone CAN, doesn't mean it SHOULD .

You can only shrink a film so much to the point where it lay down like a hizzo:

She lays for you today, but once the customer has spend his money, don't expect her to be around much longer. :lol2

I can't tell you how many jobs from the past where the competition prides themselves on 1 piecing certain cars where I would 2-3 peice them..not because I couldn't , but because it would be too much stress on the film, as a couple of yrs go by , I don't care where your from, we've all seen the cuttlass supremes driving around done in 1 peice with the back glass all shot on the bottom corners :lol2

Archived