Catera

Exact-Oh

When I saw this one in the schedule, I thought it was that cheap Caddy that looks like the Chevy POS, but I think that was the Cimaron. This one was actually very nice.

Every window on this car, except for the quarter windows, has to be heat shrunk. This poses an interesting problem on the roll-downs. Each one has dots on both of the vertical edges, that the film does not want to stick to. To make that even worse, these dot edges are mostly behind thick, tight, felt gaskets. There is no way to slide the film under these felt edges. I didn't try to remove the felt. I learned by my mistakes and cut these windows about 1 inch shorter than normal. You really couldn't see the film edge from the outside because of the dots.

This one had a landau roof on it too. The fake roof covered about 10% of the rear window (all sides). This made heat shrinking a challenge, but it turned out good, just took a little longer.

So here I am posting on this thread over 2 yrs since the last post (time goes quick)

I did one of these today ..if I ever get another one ..I'll remember to charge more..It came out nice ..but as mentioned earlier ..time consuming (for me anyways :gasp )

One of the few cars that I would recomend pulling panels on ..cut it a little short on the sides , antenna has to come off on the back and yes, every window is a heatshrink (minus the quarter windows) especially the back rolldowns :whisper

So here I am posting on this thread over 2 yrs since the last post (time goes quick)

I did one of these today ..if I ever get another one ..I'll remember to charge more..It came out nice ..but as mentioned earlier ..time consuming (for me anyways  :spit )

One of the few cars that I would recomend pulling panels on ..cut it a little short on the sides , antenna has to come off on the back and yes, every window is a heatshrink (minus the quarter windows) especially the back rolldowns  :gasp

[*]335022

in reality its a freaking chevy lumina to me..

but yea, try removing the windows thinking its gonna be easy :spit

Guest mattstronguk

Done one of these as my first tint job, (my own car a vauxhall omega here in uk) wasn`t as hard as I expected. Rear deck removed as the felt touches back glass, horizontal anchor dead centre for back glass shring (baby powder), side windows horizontal anchor only bout 2" below centre fire side window shrink, and side glass trim edges just past dots. Frame rubber pulls out nice and easy and goes back in easy with plenty of slip.

Archived