old school tinters first time

Guest alphatinter

Guest alphatinter

ok, this is for all tint masters. How long did it take your first time? how much tint did you use? did you teach yourself, or learn from a tint shop? tell us the story of how you got started. thanks :shoot4

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-6 hrs depending on the car...but when I started, heatguns weren't used(back windows were done in many strips) ..we made our own tools and no one around to ask any questions too and film was harder to work with.

Can't really compare it to how long it takes for your first cars in todays technology ,tools and advancments IMO

but to answer the question 4-6 hrs :shoot4

Guest alphatinter

I was not thinking about that, and not to compare, just trying to make a point that can not be made, which is "everybody had to start somewhere, somehow" no one on here was tinting their first car perfect. and because us newbies come on here, and tell about what happened, we have no common sense, and suck. well I thought that this is what its for....keep on tinting newbies!!!!!!!!

Guest alphatinter

I know that, noone wants to train the comp. and what you guys know is priceless, and love every drop of info I get. Im not out to undercut, and try to move in on anybody, just want to know how to tint, maybe do 4-5 cars a month for fun. Its relaxing, and I just like it.

Guest alphatinter

thankyou, I love how this is working out. So all the newbies can see that it does take time and practice, and it can be done. Thanks for helping out, and letting us see that. your the man

Guest Kustom_Tint

4 dr toyota camry 96', 4 hours, couldn't get the back glass the first time and then I ran outa film, everytime I go home on leave I still see that car and it reminds me where I started, kinda cool in a way

Guest alphatinter

as we all wood, I would trade, money, labor, food j/k we don't need an ego boost, just need people to chill, all the newbies on here, pry have questions out the ass, but they are scarred to ask. don't be a d!ck. My parents walked up hill in the snow.... don't mess up a good thread..

Archived