old school tinters first time

Guest alphatinter

I learned at a shop.  What a strange concept these days. :evilgrin

[*]330563

:)

back when I was about 12 years old, before my step dad owned the shop, I would go afterschool and hang out, lil by lil I would go around help around hold film, clean windows, back then they took everything out (Windows), years went by in 2 months I was tinting windows of course, sides only though.

by age 15 I did a complete 4 door honda all by myself. everyone thought I coudnt do the back window, but o well, look at me now :krazy through out high school I made bank on side jobs, and trhough college (only a year and half of it) did on and off......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats sooo cool, I bet you had fun. did you endup doing the back glass? I wish I could have grown up in a shop..

[*]330586

dont wish that.

yea I did the back glass. my first car all by myself was a honda accord. did it in 5-6 hours, only because I took all the windows out....

I've learned from the hardknocks........

Trying to think back that far to 1975, my first attempt was on my then new Corolla windscreen strip.

I fitted fully reflective RLW-100-15 Copper out of Madico.

I remember this distinctly because I went over to visit a mate and I busted the zone toughened windscreen when a rock came up off a car and I have a photo of us vacuuming the car out. :evilgrin

The top was still held in place.

Devil

Guest losdawg

my first was a 1988 f-350 crew cab that belonged to my buddies dad. took about 5 hours and looked like :) . I was 15. When I turned 17 I got a job at a tint shop and learned there. :evilgrin

quote=alphatinter,Oct 25 2005, 08:01 PM]

I know that, noone wants to train the comp. and what you guys know is priceless, and love every drop of info I get. Im not out to undercut, and try to move in on anybody, just want to know how to tint, maybe do 4-5 cars a month for fun. Its relaxing, and I just like it.

[*]330539

:evilgrin Why the change of story-last week you said you were gonna be the BEST in Las Vegas cause all the shops there werent being ran the way YOU are going to run yours-and that tinting JUST CAME TO YOU! Did one truck with pop-out windows and a visor change your mind?Also I hardly think that anyone has to pry for information-all you have to do is log on and search! You got a lot to learn Dude! :) ss

Archived