old school tinters first time

Guest alphatinter

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You dont wanna know......

ok fine, you bent my arm, but don't laugh......

26 hours total time (3 days) to ting a 2002 Grand-Am  Wasted a ton of film..... and I mean a ton !!!

[*]330932

B4 anyone mocks you ..I just wanna say that's determination ..and I shake your hand for admiting that :mad

What doesn't k!ll you shall make you stronger :bat

heh thanks guys.... I'm in it for the long haul.

It's amazing if you think about it though. Some people ting for a living and h@te it. Whereas I tint on the side and love it. If I did it full time foe a living I don't know what I'd think of it. I love my full time job too much to change careers. I guess I'm just lucky to enjoy doing 2 things that you can make a career out of. Well... besides the pimpin :mad

After failing the 2nd day I wanted to throw in the towel. But I had $1000 worth of film & tools invested and I wasn't going to give up. I'm persistant like that and knew I could do it. Hell... after that job I told myself it can only get better.

Guest tint rookie

quote=alphatinter,Oct 25 2005, 08:01 PM]

I know that, noone wants to train the comp. and what you guys know is priceless, and love every drop of info I get. Im not out to undercut, and try to move in on anybody, just want to know how to tint, maybe do 4-5 cars a month for fun. Its relaxing, and I just like it.

[*]330539

:bat Why the change of story-last week you said you were gonna be the BEST in Las Vegas cause all the shops there werent being ran the way YOU are going to run yours-and that tinting JUST CAME TO YOU! Did one truck with pop-out windows and a visor change your mind?Also I hardly think that anyone has to pry for information-all you have to do is log on and search! You got a lot to learn Dude! :mad ss

[*]330653

a fcukin men....

theres no reason to lump all noobs in your pile..... theres plenty of em out there with common sense.

its just 4-5 cars a month...... he says this right before winter. "im not trying to undercut you guys or anything". across the board its really no big loss.... but in reality 5 cars could be someones housepayment.

After failing the 2nd day I wanted to throw in the towel. But I had $1000 worth of film & tools invested and I wasn't going to give up. I'm persistant like that and knew I could do it. Hell... after that job I told myself it can only get better.

[*]330985

K,

thats why you were awarded the prestigious goat award :mad

k.gif

4-6 hrs depending on the car...but when I started, heatguns weren't used(back windows were done in many strips) ..we made our own tools and no one around to ask any questions too and film was harder to work with.

Can't really compare it to how long it takes for your first cars in todays technology ,tools and advancments IMO

but to answer the question 4-6 hrs :gasp

[*]330527

My guyZ did first car TWO DAYS :barf Because their teacher was Leo :eyebrows I looked how one man tinted car - and decide it's quite easy :eyebrows They were unhappy...Now they can do it for some 40 minutes sometimes...

4-6 hrs depending on the car...but when I started, heatguns weren't used(back windows were done in many strips) ..we made our own tools and no one around to ask any questions too and film was harder to work with.

Can't really compare it to how long it takes for your first cars in todays technology ,tools and advancments IMO

but to answer the question 4-6 hrs :gasp

[*]330527

That sounds about like my first experiences. I learned in a two day class given by a film distributor. It cost a lot to go to the class, since it was an entire state away, and they made us purchase about $1500 worth of inventory and tools. I couldn't really back out with that much film on the shelf.

It would have been a lot easier if TD was online back then. I still remember how I initially was introduced to dry-shrinking (or any shrinking for that matter). It was a one-page document with a procedure and some hand drawn pictures of the baby-powder method. I received it inside a box of film I had ordered. Before that, it was all multiple piece BGs.

I do tinting pretty much full-time, especially in the summer. I absolutely love what I do... still.

Archived