3M color stable

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell I'll never use it again.? I tried it once, thats all I needed to know how sh!tty it is.? 3M...if you read this.....Go back to the think tank with this sh!t. :rollin? :rollin

How can you only try something once and have an opinion? Maybe you should go back to the think tank and learn how to use it properly and you will see that it is the best...

Easy...

When it does not act like all other products of the same general construction, when you must thoroughly wash away a detactifier before the adhesive even minutely begins to grab the glass and when one needs to tug, pull and yank the poly to get a proper shrink...

... it's time to move on to a product that is more installer friendly.

Furthermore, since polyester is able to shrink only because of the stretch it receives during the manufacturing process, tugging, pulling and yanking film while blasting it with a heat gun shrinks and stretches the material simultaneously.

Poly carries the memory of its original form prior to heat and stretch exposure, if you are tugging to shrink, you are stretching the material to some degree. Put it on the glass with that fine adhesive #M has on the film and see if the poly does not want to move or snap back to its original form (prior to your tugging) on some very hot summer day.

They may have invented it almost forty years ago, but I can assure you someone else is capable of improving upon that invention. It happens all the time. :rollin

Put it to rest man... you like what you like, others like what they like... :booga

Guest TINTFXold

well, I dont know about being right, thats just what my experience has shown me. Its worked for me NOT to use them and have had no complaints with them not dropping shippment at my shop. I have used the film and have to say that I dont see where the fuss is over them. Big line up of film, yeah, and thats cool and nice to have. Durable film, sure some of it, but competing film brands have both factors as well.

I mean I could go on but whats the use.... this damn 3M thread will be right back here like it always is.

Funny how we never have other threads really that get into so many disputes over film specs like good ole 3M does. Over sold image. Why buy goochi when the levis hold up longer, you get me? :rollin

Archived