3M color stable

Guest VaTinterPMan

IS 3m worth it? I'd like to put it on a car or a side to just have worked with it once. It can be worth the extra money. But I like the looks of the CS looks clean and unique color ( hue ).

Pman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abc40kids

If you can sell film and have a good reputation in your area you can upsell anything.I tried the 3m upsale(2nd time in 5 or so years)I figured that I needed $40 to $50 more per car to make it worth while.I found that my installers prefered Suntek carbon over 3m and my salesmen were able to get the same up-sale with Suntek carbon.I did my own un-official test(heat lamp / btu meterRT)3m no better if not worse at blocking heat.3m cost me over $100.00 more for a 40 than Suntek,been usung Suntek carbon for years with 0 combacks.My big upsale is Huper Optik(incredible heat rejection)Save your $$$ and upsell something else!

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
A poet you ask,

of such an easy task,

An appointment as mine begs desire.

A member has asked,

that a poet be tasked,

What more could one man aspire?

To be asked of a pier,

this much is clear,

a poem must be hosted.

The reader to wit,

may not give a %&$#,

but the reply will always be posted.

:40:lol:lol

Thats why he's the TintDude

Guest davesglass&tint

I have sold 3M colorstable film since 1998 I do like the film alot. I have not had any of it change color at all. I do remember a few years back they changed liners and it would not shrink. I will say price of film is outrageous. And I think 3M shares yeterday was 83 per share. the fill needs to drop by at least a hundred dollors in my eyes. I see everything dropping down in price. I charge the same price I used to for cars 10 years ago. 4drs regular [snip] 2drs [snip] sportutiltys [snip] and front doors [snip] I am trying to compete with guys who charge [snip] and [snip] yes we kick there arses. Because we sell 3M and we do a great job. and if anything goes wrong we fix it. I also am fixing a black panther job that I tinted in 1992 and yes a 3000 gt mits a harder car. And for VW I can tint one in under 30 minutes too very easy!!! If you dont believe me come to my shop any day. Pocatello Idaho Ps never seen any 3M reps ever come here either. Once in like 1996 I guess they sold me and dont have to stop by anymore. LOL Dave

I have sold 3M colorstable film since 1998 I do like the film alot. I have not had any of it change color at all. I do remember a few years back they changed liners and it would not shrink. I will say price of film is outrageous. And I think 3M shares yeterday was 83 per share. the fill needs to drop by at least a hundred dollors in my eyes. I see everything dropping down in price. I charge the same price I used to for cars 10 years ago. 4drs regular [snip] 2drs [snip] sportutiltys [snip] and front doors [snip] I am trying to compete with guys who charge [snip] and [snip] yes we kick there arses. Because we sell 3M and we do a great job. and if anything goes wrong we fix it. I also am fixing a black panther job that I tinted in 1992 and yes a 3000 gt mits a harder car. And for VW I can tint one in under 30 minutes too very easy!!! If you dont believe me come to my shop any day. Pocatello Idaho Ps never seen any 3M reps ever come here either. Once in like 1996 I guess they sold me and dont have to stop by anymore. LOL Dave

Rather than have people come and see your mad tinting skills. Just video tape them and post it here there is a section for posting videos now. :thumbdown

Guest davesglass&tint

Soryy guys I have sold 3m ilm since 1997 Black Pnather film turned Purple. Yes I liked the color at first. But Color Stable Film I started selling in 1997 I buy from Interwest. I will put a video next time I get a bug for you guys gladly! I have no color change trouble with colorstable film at all other than when you used to put it on the windows would look distorted on edge they have corrected that problem. It also would not heat shrink at all for a few months either. I have Been tinting for 20 years at my own shop. I have been tinting full time for 20 years have tinted alot of cars and yes will put a video on hee soon as we get another bug for me to do. One of our empoyees girl friends has a red one. Wait it will be posted soon. Dave What color CS film do you want me to use? and you want me to use computor cut or hand cut? I can do both

Soryy guys I have sold 3m ilm since 1997 Black Pnather film turned Purple. Yes I liked the color at first. But Color Stable Film I started selling in 1997 I buy from Interwest. I will put a video next time I get a bug for you guys gladly! I have no color change trouble with colorstable film at all other than when you used to put it on the windows would look distorted on edge they have corrected that problem. It also would not heat shrink at all for a few months either. I have Been tinting for 20 years at my own shop. I have been tinting full time for 20 years have tinted alot of cars and yes will put a video on hee soon as we get another bug for me to do. One of our empoyees girl friends has a red one. Wait it will be posted soon. Dave What color CS film do you want me to use? and you want me to use computor cut or hand cut? I can do both

Cool...I can’t wait to see the video. And Maybe I can pick a few tips up from you. And will the video be of the whole car being tinted. :beer:thumbdown

I can do a bug in 29 minutes... :thumbdown

Archived