3M color stable

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

My update on the 3M CS:

Did a Bonneville GXP in '04 and it came back to me for scratches in the back glass. They were huge chucks of tint gone so in no way was the film to blame for that. The tint had prob added I'd say 15% Vlt from the original 35%. It wasn't purple but it definately had lost some darkness. You could see the original color where the defrost lines and the dot outline shaded the tint. Tint peeled off very nice with steam and barely left any glue at all. No warranty claim since the car had a new owner, just a new piece of CS 35%.

when we started using the CS was around 04, put it on our rx8 and it still looks the same. hopefully the fade was just in the 35%

My 3M rep is trying hard to get me to use this as an up sell. I've been thinking about it too. Not sure now. :beer

when we started using the CS was around 04, put it on our rx8 and it still looks the same. hopefully the fade was just in the 35%

My 3M rep is trying hard to get me to use this as an up sell. I've been thinking about it too. Not sure now. :wall

ancient thread haha

our 3m rep was a lying sack of :beer

said they made every component in-house and all their film was extruded not laminated

inside secret....... Suntek ran a Sunday line just for the 3M CS

I wouldnt buy tint from them if a solar flare set my arse on fire!

My 3M rep is trying hard to get me to use this as an up sell. I've been thinking about it too. Not sure now. :gasp

ancient thread haha

our 3m rep was a lying sack of :dunno

said they made every component in-house and all their film was extruded not laminated

inside secret....... Suntek ran a Sunday line just for the 3M CS

I wouldnt buy tint from them if a solar flare set my arse on fire!

Good to know! :gasp

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
drunken master will fight

he posts every night

his enemies wait for demise

he runs this damn board

like some kind of lord

knock off sites he dispise

I would like to hear some of TD's new poetry. I'm sure he's real good now :dunno

A poet you ask,

of such an easy task,

An appointment as mine begs desire.

A member has asked,

that a poet be tasked,

What more could one man aspire?

To be asked of a pier,

this much is clear,

a poem must be hosted.

The reader to wit,

may not give a %&$#,

but the reply will always be posted.