Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit
Beware the edges when heating. Too much heat causes this stuff to burn the edge and make lines in the film. They look like micro creases.

Hanita does indeed have a 4 mil ext SR safety film. Someone should start the long term test.

Does anyone else know of an ext designed SR 4 mil polyester (not mylar) film?

I'm impressed at how the Clear-Plex managed to almost completely hide the scratches in my windshield from the previous owner (old lady) not changing the wiper blade in time. The pitting is still there. Thinking of pitting, I'm also amazed at how my crown vic's windshield looks like after only about 5000 miles. Of course, it's 98% highway miles, but that thing is already pitted up pretty badly and several small chips.

Ah yes... hide the scratches... I've heard of a product that is used in the UK just for scratches. They had a special name for the adhesive that eludes me at the moment.

I fielded a call about 4 years ago from someone in the D.C. area looking for this type product to use on rental car fleets to aid in managing windshield damage so as to increase the resale value.

Airport fleets would be a good beginning.

Guest darkdan

My Madico distributor wouldn't give it out free. =( They also won't sell partial rolls. So that's why my brother and I split a roll. He'd cut it only if I bought the whole thing.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeah how do they expect to sell it or try to adv. and they wont even let us test it out cause we are the ones working with it and or using. I dont understand why... noobs.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Whats wrong with me spending XXXXXX amount of money a year and expect to get something half off or free??? I mean cmon. thats why eveyrhting is always buy one get one for free sales and what not for adv. (not tint) that would be nice....

Guest darkdan

My SolarGard distributor usually runs a spring special on 20" rolls. One year partial rolls and 20" rolls were 50% off. This year it was buy two get one free.

I can understand them not wanting to give out free 6' rolls of this stuff. It'd cost them a lot. Besides, you'd get plenty of people getting the free roll, never putting it on, or worse, putting it on their own vehicle with no intention of selling it.

I have no problem buying a roll, hoping to break even by trying to sell a few, and protecting my own vehicles. Heck, if it saves a windshield or two on my fleet it paid for itself.

That's good for you, that's why you guys expect it, I'm just trying to say, don't take it for granted all the time and then get pissed if you don't get it for free :tantrum

We don't expect it at all. The distributors drop it off hopeing we will carry their product. I haven't met a dist. yet that doesn't drop off a free partial or full roll of new film hopeing to get our buisness.

Archived