Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

Guest Sprinter
its a tear off like when you on nascar cars or racing helmets. its brand new was just introduced at sema. its like applying a 4 mil window film on your windshield, its supposed to come "premolded" or already shrunk. :hump

nope is right, does not come pre molded, there was a company at sema that pre mold's them and will do so for you at a cost and also sells them on the web to anyone, the cost to do your windshield is almost 3 times what the tint would cost you to do a rear window.

this film is expensive 3 times what a 36" box of 5% is plus a few more $ . I've talk to my local Madico distributor it comes with a 1 year warranty or 12,000 miles which ever comes first, thank you Madico for stepping up to the plate with a great warranty that won't break your bank or our's :twocents

the cost is more than lorenzotint's time on his last post.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
it comes with a 1 year warranty or 12,000 miles which ever comes first, thank you Madico for stepping up to the plate with a great warranty that won't break your bank or our's :twocents

its an exterior film with wipers and everything else going across it, have you ever done exterior flatglass film, and not graffiti guard just reg film, only a 2 year warranty with that and might get washed once a year, alot harder to give long warranty on somethimg that has a greater chance of being destroyed JMO :hump

nope is right, does not come pre molded, there was a company at sema that pre mold's them and will do so for you at a cost and also sells them on the web to anyone, the cost to do your windshield is almost 3 times what the tint would cost you to do a rear window.

this film is expensive 3 times what a 36" box of 5% is plus a few more $ . I've talk to my local Madico distributor it comes with a 1 year warranty or 12,000 miles which ever comes first, thank you Madico for stepping up to the plate with a great warranty that won't break your bank or our's :twocents

the cost is more than lorenzotint's time on his last post.

I would not pay more that $3N.N5. I also what to see 4mil shrink a Range Rover[large body] sheild/ and I will be impressed......OK $4N.N5 for large sq ft.app. ...Or even a 300C.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I would not pay more that $3N.N5. I also what to see 4mil shrink a Range Rover[large body] sheild/ and I will be impressed......OK $4N.N5 for large sq ft.app. ...Or even a 300C.

its not that hard to shrink, I did standard 8 mill on an 94 integra back glass, it just takes longer to shrink, same thing as normal film IMO :twocents

Guest Sprinter
its an exterior film with wipers and everything else going across it, have you ever done exterior flatglass film, and not graffiti guard just reg film, only a 2 year warranty with that and might get washed once a year, alot harder to give long warranty on somethimg that has a greater chance of being destroyed JMO :hump

maybe you miss understood my computer talk, that the warranty is a good one.

how could anyone give more time on a warranty with wipers going across it and all the debris hitting it, more than anything we get sand pitted windshields here in the desert and we also get the chips and cracks.

so it's nice to see that there's a way to protect it now and if you have to replace it once a year so what, at least you won't be distirbing your seal on the windshild and when you sell your auto you can take it off and sell it with a near perfect windshield. so :twocents 's up for this product.

Guest CJ Shades

I tried to get a free sample, but they won't do it!!! I could sell the crap out of this stuff if it's worth anything. Easy sell up here in WA since 99.999999999% of cars on the road have chips or cracks in the windshields.

Form what I understand you can buy it in roll form or get premolded kits. I would like to try it, but want to hear from someone that has used it and had +++remarks about it. kris@tintcenter hasn't replied to my e-mails, so either she's gone or has nothing good to say about it. It looks and sounds good in theory, but I want to see what it looks like after a month or 2.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I tried to get a free sample, but they won't do it!!! I could sell the crap out of this stuff if it's worth anything. Easy sell up here in WA since 99.999999999% of cars on the road have chips or cracks in the windshields.

Form what I understand you can buy it in roll form or get premolded kits. I would like to try it, but want to hear from someone that has used it and had +++remarks about it. kris@tintcenter hasn't replied to my e-mails, so either she's gone or has nothing good to say about it. It looks and sounds good in theory, but I want to see what it looks like after a month or 2.

oh you won't get any of it for free, and its not cheap either.

It works great, I did alot of it when it first came out had alot of reports back on cars getting hit w/rocks and what not and didn't chip or break the glass, the problem w/it is it would only last about 4-6 months, the new stuff that is out that everyone is now hearing about after sema is the updated version of it, I haven't used any yet, but like I said the old stuff worked great just didn't last, so new stuff same way just supposed to last for at least the year warranty :dunno

ps Sprinter, yes I did misunderstand what you were sayin :thumb my bad its all good

Guest CJ Shades
so new stuff same way just supposed to last for at least the year warranty :dunno

Tuff for me to sell something I don't believe in. Especially if it's expensive.

No freebies= no thank you!!! Not gonna dish out loot for something that nobody trusts because it has a bad rep already.

No freebies=The company doesn't trust that you will like the product enough to purchase more of it!

Tuff for me to sell something I don't believe in. Especially if it's expensive.

No freebies= no thank you!!! Not gonna dish out loot for something that nobody trusts because it has a bad rep already.

No freebies=The company doesn't trust that you will like the product enough to purchase more of it!

Sounds right, still looking for a 5ree sample, I will give it an honest consumer report :dunno.. I got hooked on other things... like PPF. This similiar protection is big talk on the big buck auto forums.

Archived