Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

Guest Sprinter

It works great, I did alot of it when it first came out had alot of reports back on cars getting hit w/rocks and what not and didn't chip or break the glass,

ps Sprinter, yes I did misunderstand what you were sayin :linedrink my bad its all good

tintman237 I figured as much :dunno

my question to you is since you've installed it is, if you did it with just your self no other help how did you do most of them. rolled it out or just flung it over the windshield. I've done a few tear offs but the car was a viper so very low to the ground and a small windshield. what about on trucks and so forth?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
my question to you is since you've installed it is, if you did it with just your self no other help how did you do most of them. rolled it out or just flung it over the windshield. I've done a few tear offs but the car was a viper so very low to the ground and a small windshield. what about on trucks and so forth?

I have done most of em by myself, had a buddie help me w/a few of em when we first got some of it, just like a back glass on a car, then cali roll it and stick it :thumb

I don't think I understand something here. It seems like many of you have a negative opion about something you haven't yet tried and may have heard some inacurate information through the grapevine. We are in the Northern U.S. and have a some installations of ClearPlex going on 6 months or so now. Everything looks great and this is from the first batch, which by the way had problems in the lab not so much the real world field operation. Seriously, if MADICO is going to offer me a new way to make money, I am all aboard. Let's see, 1) New Tint Location on Car (Good) (2) Now Busy in Winter too (Great) (3) Selling at 500% markup (Fricken Fantastic!) (4) 1 Year Warranty means repeat business (I am in tint heaven!!!) (5) It's legal so there is no liability for me (cool) (6) Fleet vehicle companies are very interested, they have to write their own insurance programs (sweet) (6) It's offered in limited distribution so I don't anyone whoring the market with it! (Nice!). (7) They are videos, brochures, FAQ sheets and more (cool). Yep, all of that possibility was worth buying a partial test roll from my local distributor. They are even helping me to market and promote it.

As for having to pay for the sample, come on, if your not making enough profit to pay for your own car to be done then your not running your business properly. Let's see, you want a product that has no competition, offers huge profit margins, installs quickly, creates a new industry segment, oh and by the way can I have it for free?

Maybe it is that I am fairly new to the industry that allows me to not be so jaded by it. I think we have a pretty good thing going here. If I am wrong, let me know. Again, I am not trying to be a jerk. Maybe you guys just need to know that it is working for someone and that there are companies having some success. I know we are making money tinting with it and I know that we have generated a lot of interest in our market.

Best of luck to you all. I hope it works well for you too.

How much does it cost compared to a Windshield replacement ?

The warranty has me concerned, only 1 year ?

Long-term life, will it start bubbling, etc ? Since it so new, there is no way of knowing what it will look like 3 yrs down the road.

Rocks, gravel etc hit it instead of the windshield, so you have the chips in the film instead of the windshield, but the chips are there regardless, do those breaks in the film keep rain, etc from weakining the rest of the film to where it starts to bubble or peel ?

In the event of a hard force crash, The only way the glass can break is by flying into the car possibly causing more serious injuries ?

I would think these would be legitimate questions.

Guest darkdan

About half of a normal windshield.

What, you want a "lifetime" warranty? LOL!

I doubt the adhesive will be the first thing to go. Most likely the last. If anything the SR coating is going to slowly wear off and the film will get scratched/pitted

Chips in film > chips in windshield

Edges are exposed, so an exposed spot in the middle shouldn't be too bad

Windshields are safety laminated glass....it can only break inwards anyhow

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I don't think I understand something here. It seems like many of you have a negative opion about something you haven't yet tried and may have heard some inacurate information through the grapevine. We are in the Northern U.S. and have a some installations of ClearPlex going on 6 months or so now. Everything looks great and this is from the first batch, which by the way had problems in the lab not so much the real world field operation.

thats nice to hear, I had some out of the first batch, used in the real world and it was almost a year ago I started with it, yes me not through someones hear say ME and the first batch had ISSUES period point blank want pictures email me and I would be happy to send some your way.

Nice first post welcome to the board :tantrum

Guest haroldshouseoftint
How much does it cost compared to a Windshield replacement ?

The warranty has me concerned, only 1 year ?

Long-term life, will it start bubbling, etc ? Since it so new, there is no way of knowing what it will look like 3 yrs down the road.

Rocks, gravel etc hit it instead of the windshield, so you have the chips in the film instead of the windshield, but the chips are there regardless, do those breaks in the film keep rain, etc from weakining the rest of the film to where it starts to bubble or peel ?

In the event of a hard force crash, The only way the glass can break is by flying into the car possibly causing more serious injuries ?

I would think these would be legitimate questions.

first question, is your insurance paying for you windshield or are you paying cash?

Exterior application film installed outside only comes with a 2 year warranty as far as I know, and thats on flatglass, this has wipers and what not getting rubbed across it :hmmm 1 year warranty is GOOD

leave it on 3 years :thumb thats why it has a 1 year warranty :tantrum

chips in film pull film off you still have a NEW windshield underneath nice for leased vehicles no need to get a new windshield to turn your car in

if you can make a windshield fly INTO a car on a crash I would love to see some pics of that :thumb:krazy

I have a friend that has access to a film manufacturings r&d lab. I picked up a sample of this film and gave it to him to have tested. They tested it the same way any film manufacture would test window film, the product failed in less than 500 hours. It became yellow and distorted along with craking of the SCR coating. I would be careful promoting this product, and it is not made by Madico. also, it is not the same film used in NASCAR tear-off, that film has a specail adhesive and is a 4 mil. Just my 2 cents

Guest haroldshouseoftint
yeah wonder how it looks in 4 or 5 yrs??????

what part of 1 that is ONE year warranty does no one seem to grasp? it is not intended to be on there for 4 or 5 years it is an exterior application :eyebrows

Archived