Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I installed it then watched the dvd. Just give me sumpin and say put it on, that seems to work best for me. Dan, did you have an exta set of hands to help you lay it on? It does help, although, reverse rolling probably works good too.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit

If you really want a valid test of the product, you need a control group... :beer

A valid test involves the product you are interested in testing and the product you think could do the same thing, compare the results after, say 3, then 6, again at 9 months, etc.

If the one that is thought to be just as good fails sooner, you can choose to end the test at that point. :beer

Any takers? Anyone care to send a sample off for testing, if you don't care to drive around with a two-piece install? :beer

:lol2 No... it cannot be conducted on two different cars... all factors must be equal for both products being test against one another.

Not a single person has asked for Clearplex to this day. Were is the marketing? Only two people have ever asked about Madico tint ....from the the U/A show... thats a start? It may be a great idea for a next episode :beer ... Attention Madico marketing dept...do they have one? Hello out there............... :beer If any one can bend 18 mill 3M clear headlight film it should not be a problem with 4 mill c/plex.... there is high end $$$ to be made in surface protection in all states that have rocks on the roads.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
A valid test involves the product you are interested in testing and the product you think could do the same thing, compare the results after, say 3, then 6, again at 9 months, etc.

:beer

who else has a similar product :beer

Guest filmdit
:?

who else has a similar product :hmmm

Every film maker offering 4mil clear with a hard coat. Put Clearplex up against the hardest SR in the industry, see if they truly have achieved a breakthrough in hardcoat technology.

SR coatings are UV sensitive and usually show signs of breakdown around one year in real time. I installed an auto film on one of the qtr windows of a jeep and it began to look bad within a year's time.

This product must have something going if it can take the UV as well as wipers and other environmental elements the surface endures.

It sounds as though it's a clear safety film that has a specialty SR coating, making the SR coating the technological advance?

Guest darkdan

That's exactly what it is. Polyester with a special SR coating and some glue on it.

Didn't someone say the new batch has UV absorbers in the SR coating in addition to other places?

Of course, Hanita has had a SR exterior film for a bit now. I think their warranty is 3 years!

Edit: And, who has the "hardest" or "toughest" or "best" SR coating in the industry? And what proof exists that it is indeed the [insert adjective of your choice here]?

Guest filmdit
That's exactly what it is. Polyester with a special SR coating and some glue on it.

Didn't someone say the new batch has UV absorbers in the SR coating in addition to other places?

Of course, Hanita has had a SR exterior film for a bit now. I think their warranty is 3 years!

Edit: And, who has the "hardest" or "toughest" or "best" SR coating in the industry? And what proof exists that it is indeed the [insert adjective of your choice here]?

I must not of read that part... sounds reasonable. :hmmm

As to hardest or toughest or whatever... tabor abrasion tests reveal this. :?

Guest darkdan

Beware the edges when heating. Too much heat causes this stuff to burn the edge and make lines in the film. They look like micro creases.

Hanita does indeed have a 4 mil ext SR safety film. Someone should start the long term test.

Does anyone else know of an ext designed SR 4 mil polyester (not mylar) film?

I'm impressed at how the Clear-Plex managed to almost completely hide the scratches in my windshield from the previous owner (old lady) not changing the wiper blade in time. The pitting is still there. Thinking of pitting, I'm also amazed at how my crown vic's windshield looks like after only about 5000 miles. Of course, it's 98% highway miles, but that thing is already pitted up pretty badly and several small chips.

Archived