Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

Guest haroldshouseoftint
it is not the same film used in NASCAR tear-off, that film has a specail adhesive and is a 4 mil. Just my 2 cents

how long ago did you have that test done, was it with the old batch or the new batch?? and the last time I checked clearplex was 4 mil and was anti graffiti adhesive :eyebrows just my :thumb

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
the test was about 6 months ago. Good luck if your using it. :thumb

reason I was asking is thats the old batch, they just came out with an overhauled version of it, I would be interested in a test on some from the new batch, because as I have stated in other posts on this subject the old stuff failed misreably, just curious thanks Capn B :eyebrows

Guest CJ Shades
I don't think I understand something here..........

The thing about this product is..... Not one person has anything good to say about it after they've used it for more than a few months. Nobody has proof that it lasts to the end of the 1 year warranty! If you got proof, show some pics. Everyone that does use it seems to brag about it for about 2 weeks and then disappears off of the map or just has a negative response to it.

I would love for this product to work, but there is NO proof that it lasts.

I would like to see proof that it lasts at least 6 months. Is there any?

Guest Sprinter
I have a friend that has access to a film manufacturings r&d lab. I picked up a sample of this film and gave it to him to have tested. They tested it the same way any film manufacture would test window film, the product failed in less than 500 hours. It became yellow and distorted along with craking of the SCR coating. I would be careful promoting this product, and it is not made by Madico. also, it is not the same film used in NASCAR tear-off, that film has a specail adhesive and is a 4 mil. Just my 2 cents

500 hours, thats not much if your in a state with 4,368 hours of daylight in a year.

love to see the new film tested.

I will try to take some pics of a Hummer that we did a while back. It looks great and I think it has been over six months. Again, MADICO (the manufacturer) had some trouble with the SR coating but the problem seemed to be intermittent. As for the new stuff, I have not had enough time with it but it seems to be even better than the last run.

Let me assure you that MADICO is the manufacturer. There is another company called ClearPlex that help in the development but they are not manufacturing. I believe they are (kind of) national sales or something.

You're right though, this is not meant to be a 4-5 year product. Much like Graffiti film it is meant to be a sacrificial barrier. It is a product that is meant to offer repeat business. That's good, right? Not too mention that after that year, when the client comes back in for us to check over the install and make sure the film still looks good, we will hit them with the old "Hey, while your here can we interest you in a wash and wax, or a remote start" or whatever.

Guest darkdan
yeah wonder how it looks in 4 or 5 yrs??????

It's intended to be a wear item.

I can tell you what my windshield looks like after 5 years....pitted all to heck and scratched up.

I can tell you what my other windshield looks like after 11 years....pitted all to heck and REALLY scratched up.

Heck, it's been just past 2 years and my dad's truck's windshield is already starting to pit.

The film sacrifices itself to save the glass. Think of it as a windshield hero.

I will ask again.

What is the cost to have this done ?

Windshield was replaced on my96 T-bird with Ford glass for under 2 bills. ( only reason it was replaced cause it was busted out due to vandalism)

If this stuff is about the same price and only lasts 4-5 years, not so sure it is a good buy for the money, when you factor in the additional cost of having it stripped off at that time.

Archived