Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

I have a friend that has access to a film manufacturings r&d lab. I picked up a sample of this film and gave it to him to have tested. They tested it the same way any film manufacture would test window film, the product failed in less than 500 hours. It became yellow and distorted along with craking of the SCR coating. I would be careful promoting this product, and it is not made by Madico. also, it is not the same film used in NASCAR tear-off, that film has a specail adhesive and is a 4 mil. Just my 2 cents

I would have to call B.S. on this post for a number of reasons. Most of all is that MADICO does in fact make the film. Again, There is a company called ClearPlex involved but they are more or less a sales arm for the product. They also developed some of the technology for production and installation. You're right, this is not the same as the Nascar stuff but it isn't meant to be a quick tear off system. As for the reasrch lab, please email me the test report. I have a real hard time believing that your buddy went to the time to test it AND knew the exact process for this testing. Not sure why you feel the need to dis a product from which you know nothing about with rumors and conjecture but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I am using it and loving it!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I just installed the clearplex on my truck and it seems to be great so far. Looks like it may hold up for quite a while. Thanks tintzues for bringing this product to my attention. I have several customers lined up for this product. Seems like it is an easier sell than tinting.

Guest darkdan
I will ask again.

What is the cost to have this done ?

Windshield was replaced on my96 T-bird with Ford glass for under 2 bills. ( only reason it was replaced cause it was busted out due to vandalism)

If this stuff is about the same price and only lasts 4-5 years, not so sure it is a good buy for the money, when you factor in the additional cost of having it stripped off at that time.

Average cost is around that.

But a 96 TBird isn't the target market.

The $1000 windshield on a Corvette is part of the target market.

Fleets where the insurance does not cover glass....target market.

Clearplex also does have other uses. For instance, the interior and exterior of high traffic business doors. This will help prevent the glass from being scratched all to hell by wedding rings.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Good news one peec send some pictures of the work and any other latest or new cars you do with that. I am interested in it as well also. How was the shrink on it from your opinion.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

shrinks real easy. looks real good ,I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!. I get some pics up in a little bit. Honestly, nothing to see, its super clear, and I put this stuff on well so there is'nt going to be much to see in a photo. I did however leave about a 1/4 of an inch of gap, it seems to be the way to go

Guest darkdan

Yes.

That installer didn't look happy. During the cleaning process he kept shaking his head no and talking. LOL.

I did my aspire today. BORING. I bet I didn't even have to shrink it, but I shrank three little fingers.

Watch your blade! I used mine to separate the edge that I had just cut and I bumped the film.....scratch. Trying to dig out contamination leads to a scratch in the adhesive.

Contamination shows up big time too. Tents off the film really badly. Makes it easier to see where to lil' chizzler I suppose.

Archived