!llegal Tint...Insurance Issues

Guest Joyride

Here in Ohio its apparently legal to apply any degree of tint; the shop just makes you sign a waiver stating that the customer knowingly requested !llegal tint and therefore assumes all liability associated with it

I wolud like to see a contact for !llegal goods hold up in court :thumb that waiver means shvit

"YO MANG I SIGNED A WAIVER WHEN I BOUGHT SOME CRACK ROCK, THE dr*g DEALER MADE ME SIGN IT BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE"

:lol6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep that would hold up in court.

Let's see, the owner hands you a document stating they know it is !llegal and want you to sign it, you now know and sign it, the installer knows and installs it. An attorney's wet dream

Guest Joyride

Don't know what to tell you guys. I guess up here in OH its less of an issue. This tint shop has been in business for about 10 yrs "slangin dem !llegal papas" and no one seems to care.

Guest Key West
Don't know what to tell you guys.? I guess up here in OH its less of an issue.? This tint shop has been in business for about 10 yrs "slangin dem !llegal papas" and no one seems to care.

[*]374304

Tint Laws in Florida are "largely" unenforced. It's a vehicle the police can use as a probable cause for a stop. Florida has ALWAYS had a 27%d/p 20 on the rear. yet you see cars all day with limo all around. It's the discretion of the officer whether to pull you over. Oh, trust me, they can make it an issue :thumb:lol6

Vis a Vis another thread, an unfortunate economic result of this is that we DO do !llegal tint jobs. I for one am very careful. If I do not know you, you WILL bring me your car on a flatbed without tags on the car, sign a show car affidavit that states the car is a "show car" and will not be driven on public roads (my wife is a notary), and when I am done, it will leave my premises on a flatbed. Only then will I apply tint not in compliance. Period. NON-Negotiable!!! I have had Attorneys research this and it IS the only viable protection I have. As a result, I do VERY few !llegal jobs. Dude, Just get legit :lol6 Unless you have more money than common sense. :rock

Vis a Vis another thread, an unfortunate economic result of this is that we DO do !llegal tint jobs. I for one am very careful. If I do not know you, you WILL bring me your car on a flatbed without tags on the car, sign a show car affidavit that states the car is a "show car" and will not be driven on public roads (my wife is a notary), and when I am done, it will leave my premises on a flatbed. Only then will I apply tint not in compliance. Period. NON-Negotiable!!! I have had Attorneys research this and it IS the only viable protection I have. As a result, I do VERY few !llegal jobs. Dude, Just get legit :dunno  Unless you have more money than common sense. :wall

[*]374325

:dunno you said do do :dunno

and btw agree, why chance it?

Vis a Vis another thread, an unfortunate economic result of this is that we DO do !llegal tint jobs. I for one am very careful. If I do not know you, you WILL bring me your car on a flatbed without tags on the car, sign a show car affidavit that states the car is a "show car" and will not be driven on public roads (my wife is a notary), and when I am done, it will leave my premises on a flatbed. Only then will I apply tint not in compliance. Period. NON-Negotiable!!! I have had Attorneys research this and it IS the only viable protection I have. As a result, I do VERY few !llegal jobs. Dude, Just get legit :dunno? Unless you have more money than common sense. :wall

[*]374325

:wall you said do do :dunno

and btw agree, why chance it?

[*]374404

:dunno

and moderators have we checked bumpyrides ISP does it match tintmasters?

Archived