CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

I assume its already shrunk :nope

the first time I did a car I didnt know whether to tint it or stroke it there were so many hairs between the glass and film!

they may as well pre-crease it and throw some dirt in there :lol6

:lol6

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

yall are way to freaked out about this, there will only be about 10-15% that will be able to install it and it look half way decent. Then the other 80% of people that try it are going to say screw it and send it to a dealer to do and then you have a R&R which will be more money. Like it was said the people that want to go this route would probably not want to pay for a proffesional job and the people that do want a professional job will realize how difficult it is and be willing to pay for it after all the frustation and aggervation that they got from trying to install it themselves. I think it will actually help the industry, and not just the manufacturer but the dealer as well.

This is not the first time with CP Films

We do 90% new car dealer work out in LI and CP Films has been trying to sell the Tint Tec 20/20 system to them direct for years. We have since moved on to another film manufacture and haven?t missed a beat.

I suggest that others do the same

It hasn?t happened to me personally but large flat glass installs have been scooped up by them also.

Consider them your competition

the partner auto parts store sells gila strips for the back glass :lol6

seriously ............like 4" strips in a little roll

they may as well pre-crease it and throw some dirt in there :thumb

I saw a new mustang the other day with that 4" crap on the rear with 3/4" overlaps. They ran out and left the bottom 5" untinted. :lol2:lol2:lol2

yall are way to freaked out about this, there will only be about 10-15% that will be able to install it and it look half way decent. Then the other 80% of people that try it are going to say screw it and send it to a dealer to do and then you have a R&R which will be more money. Like it was said the people that want to go this route would probably not want to pay for a proffesional job and the people that do want a professional job will realize how difficult it is and be willing to pay for it after all the frustation and aggervation that they got from trying to install it themselves. I think it will actually help the industry, and not just the manufacturer but the dealer as well.

Dude you could not be more wrong!

this is going to start a trend of competition with Pepboys and JC Whitney advertising $19 window tint kits and its going to kill us. (maybe not kill)

Slow shop will have to lower there price and so on and so no

I've seen it first hand with Car stereo in the 80's we would get $250-300 for a Cassette unit and profit $175-200 people needed (or at least thought they needed) professional installation now Pioneer Alpine Kenwood are all working with auto Manufactures to make it near impossible to install aftermarket equipment

Not to mention your supplier is attracting the same customers that your trying to attract. Be smart and send a message that your unhappy!!! Buy another product

Guest solarspot

I don't know I'm on the fence with this one. I personally don't think it will take much from a tint shop. If the back glass is not preshrunk good luck, then we can charge good money to replace the one they messed up in the kit. But my biggest problem is a manufacture playing both sides of the fence :lol6

I guess everybody wants their cake and eat it too :thumb

Guest scottstinting

Im not happy with them either and have been useing someone else lately mostly over roll sizes and shades .I wanted 20% they just had 15% in the size of rolls I want .My rep always stops buy .It dosent meen to much if your the Largest Tint Company and you dont have 20 inch rolls .Thats like a steak house without a baked potato

Archived