CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

I see this issue as a huge problem, too. :mad

People with bad looking tint jobs running around is bad enough.

People not bringing their cars to professional shops is bad enough.

People thinking, "I can buy tint for 50 bucks, so why are you charging me 3-4 times that?" is bad enough.

Coke bottle green tint is bad enough.

But all these things together are very discouraging, even infuriating.

I think the worst thing about it, though, is that they are marketing to the end consumer to get them buy the film themselves, RATHER than marketing to the end consumer to go to the local shop that uses their product.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

well they are all so paranoid that if they advertise they will advertise for the industry and not for thier film. They are paranoid that they will buy someone elses film and not thiers, so that is why you have manu's selling jobs to the end customer and not letting the work go to the dealers.

Some body had to do it, CPfilms could not resist. What would happin if Madico did it with their sh8t Good Lookin film. Bottom line is more fufaups diy's, more money removing film.I used diy Good Lookin as a novice and 25 years later pump out S BENZS at five beans a pop. This was inevitable thanks to Windows. :mad

Guest vclimber
I agree with TD on this

but with some exception for the fact that

the people that are bent on installing it themselves

.....wouldn't ever take it to a pro tint shop anyway

but if we stop buying their film

shouldn't we also stop selling MMM for giving away plotters to car dealers

or Madcow for the bessbuy pre-cut gimmick

or SG for all the ebay precut fools

It is only a matter of time before the rest of them follow suit. DIYR's will not change so it only makes sense that someone will market to them. CP just took some initiative. Wait til Sun Tek copies them, that has been their track record. Or wait till Big Red starts doing custom plots, just send in your vector art and they send you whatever you want... Wait til Madico fires up something simlar, they have a track record of copying products and ideas too... Oh, and Bekaert. Didn't they and a bunch of other create their own "Vista Like" programs??? :mad

All mfg's copy each other. It is only a matter of time. If you feel your automotive business is in jepardy, then start doing flat glass. Gila has been around for quite a while, they can make film, precut, create training wheel adheasive but they will never be able to make a DIY'er a talented tinter. :mad

Of course one factor not to overlook is that a DIY louses up on one window, and having to spend a bundle on another entire kit and wait another week just for the film for the 1 window they messed up.

And what happens when they miscut and it is 1/2" gap on one sie of a window ?

Guest outkast tinter

However they sell film is their bottom line. Whether or not we choose to buy their film is OUR choice. We can support their actions, or we can CHOOSE not to. Make the intelligent choice, and send them a message. Buying power moves the market. The fact that they have chosen this route is a slap in the face of any loyal dealer. The line in the sand has been drawn, so don't whine, react responsibly. Protect your own ability to make your living by buying smart. Support those who support you!

Archived