What made you choose your film supplier?

Guest vclimber

Guest cherasia

Partly the customer service we have received from Bekaert. The owner of my shop told me the local Bekaert rep has been difficult to get hold of, said he'll meet at a specific time and place and doesn't show, and so on.

I'm on a mission to find a film company that offers high quality product and customer service on par to what I offer my clients. Wish me luck! LOL

Shauna

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Partly the customer service we have received from Bekaert. The owner of my shop told me the local Bekaert rep has been difficult to get hold of, said he'll meet at a specific time and place and doesn't show, and so on.

I'm on a mission to find a film company that offers high quality product and customer service on par to what I offer my clients. Wish me luck! LOL

Shauna

No show Rep? :lol

That's just unacceptable... :lol

V, you are right. Some can say the new guys may not be subject to the failures cause their volume is much lower. But, at the same time, if they are actually making their own product (ie. not farming it out), how expierenced are they? More importantly, how is the quality control. Again, we go back to longevity and consistency and all the rest and the installers individual preference and peace of mind. As they say, thats what makes the world go round. :lol

Guest vclimber

Quality will bite you in the rear end sooner or later if you choose to skip on it for lower pricing. No doubt about it. That's why I keep on walking when I see the import booths at SEMA... :lol

Shauna

I can actually say that I have had the same problem, and am currently looking for the same thing.

I switched in the past due to the adhesion failure metioned before, because its not just thier failure, but mine as well. Most customers could careless who makes the film, but if it does fail, all they remember is you sold them on the product. I cant remember the last time I had a customer call and request a certain brand, usually only price and vlt.

I cant even remember the last time I had a rep visit or call. I know that I am not a large volume shop, but it looks like they would at least drop you a call once in awhile to see if they can help you out. Its in thier best interest to do so if they can help you move more product, the more they profit, right. :beer

IMO, sales reps should actually do what their title says, sale the product you were hired to sale. I feel that I would be more likely to buy more product from a company that takes interest in my success, and makes me feel that my business is important. I think my customers all the time several times in a visit. It just seems to make good business sense to me and will make them a repeat customer. :beer

Made where? Sputtered in the USA, Laminated in the USA, Boxed in the USA, Headquartered in the USA sure but...From the petrolium that is taken from the ground to individual film components, I doubt any film can carry the claim that it s 100% produced in the USA. Those days are long gone...

My 2 cents.....

Branded in USA.........

Owned by USA residents....

By the way - ownership.

Does Llumar or Solar Gard american companies? :beer

P.S. Where is made sputerring machine which sputter in USA??? :beer

GlobaliZation....

There are only:

Things You like

Things You don't like

All other - :lol2:beer:beer

IMHO

P.P.S. Made by china boy in USA? What's about that????

Lots of companies are changing suppliers because of film quality issues.

We used the same brand for 7 years distributor is great, film quality for last year has been crap.

We need consistency, A good looking film, Best Quality and a reasonable price. Quality does not come cheap.

There are obvious issue with major film manufactuers at present.

There should be some tinters award for the best film, as voted for by us, that would keep the quality up.

:beer

Everything can be changed in 7 days, not 7 years, quality too.....

Everything can be changed in 7 days, not 7 years, quality too.....

:beach Leo

I know things can change very quickly - my point is we tried to be loyal to our distributor given the great service they gave us.

We put up with film flaws etc for a year - sent rolls back ect but you reach a point when you say the quality is not consistent anymore - and you are forced to change.

Archived