CRV Back Windows, Blahhhh!!!

b_faulk75

Guest tintman AZ

Couldn't agree more. Even after doing 10 or more they still suck. (I thought) Fortunately the new ones are sweet. Now we just have to wait 10 more years for them to disintegrate from the planet.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or charge more to make it worth your wild to take all the stuff apart..or not do them at all :lol2

:lol2

I will take the film to the inside and carefully cut out along the edge where the wire tucks into that plastic tube. I also cut an X in the middle of the circles then take it to the board and use a triangle with a bit oversize hole to cut them out. Back in the day I used to paint the lines around the edge but with alot of practice I have learned to tint the whole window. :lol2

Had to tint one today, it was an 05 I think, It really sucked!!!! I took every thing off of the window, you know, wiper motor, handle, defroster connectors, hinges, third brake lamp, shrunk it, cut around the ten holes and wiring grommets on the glass, then when I stuck the film inside, the pattern was off because of the glass is smaller on the inside than on the out, I CUSSED ALOT :lol6 , WTF??? Why do they feel the need to put all that crap on there, jees, man... :lol6

We've done loads and yes they were a pain but the new ones are pretty easy. My advice on any tricky screen would be to take some time make a very good template - saves you time in the long run. :lol6

:beer

I will take the film to the inside and carefully cut out along the edge where the wire tucks into that plastic tube. I also cut an X in the middle of the circles then take it to the board and use a triangle with a bit oversize hole to cut them out. Back in the day I used to paint the lines around the edge but with alot of practice I have learned to tint the whole window. :beer

Thanks, this is a good idea, I would not normally do any trimming or pretrimming on the inside, but I bet it will help... The next one of these that come in I will give it a try... The newer ones are cake!!!

Guest Key West
back in the late 90's these were just hell because of the wiper motor, etc...

I did all of WestSide Honda (Knoxville) work in the late 90's. I used to get 200.00 for the back 5 windows. One day the GM tells me that a guy was willing to do them for 125.00. I told them he could have evry one of them, wouldn't touch them for that :thumb:beer

Guest wilcax

to make my life easier I take the window completely off the truck and tint it on my work bench. I just prop it up verticaly and take everything off. even the wire loom holding plastic on the side and bottom. and cut the holes out after the tint is applied on the inside. then if its warm out put it in the sun while I do the rest of the truck.

Just did one today ... what a B%#$! it was.... after messing up the back twice I took the whole thing off and did it on the bench. For sure that was the easiest. NOTE when putting the back window back on you have to open it up to reattach the pistons. HAHA I was trying for 30 mins to push them down and put the screws back in...I guess thats what happens when you over think it!! haha

From Hawaii I see :thumb I'll fly there and be happy to show you how to do some tough windows .. as long as you live next to the beach and have a place for me to crash..might take 2 weeks to retint it though :evileye

Archived