CRV Back Windows, Blahhhh!!!

b_faulk75

Had to tint one today, it was an 05 I think, It really sucked!!!! I took every thing off of the window, you know, wiper motor, handle, defroster connectors, hinges, third brake lamp, shrunk it, cut around the ten holes and wiring grommets on the glass, then when I stuck the film inside, the pattern was off because of the glass is smaller on the inside than on the out, I CUSSED ALOT :hmmm , WTF??? Why do they feel the need to put all that crap on there, jees, man... :hmmm

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
Had to tint one today, it was an 05 I think, It really sucked!!!! I took every thing off of the window, you know, wiper motor, handle, defroster connectors, hinges, third brake lamp, shrunk it, cut around the ten holes and wiring grommets on the glass, then when I stuck the film inside, the pattern was off because of the glass is smaller on the inside than on the out, I CUSSED ALOT :hmmm , WTF??? Why do they feel the need to put all that crap on there, jees, man... :hmmm

welcome to a tinters world.. :hmmm

Dont cut all those holes and right up to those wires running on the right side. Just the ones around the wiper, hydraulic lifts and the brake light if need be. You just need to be sure you have cleaned every thing really good and dont close the rear hatch for a while to make sure no water runs down. :hmmm

Guest tintgod
Dont cut all those holes and right up to those wires running on the right side. Just the ones around the wiper, hydraulic lifts and the brake light if need be. You just need to be sure you have cleaned every thing really good and dont close the rear hatch for a while to make sure no water runs down. :hmmm

or charge more to make it worth your wild to take all the stuff apart..or not do them at all :hmmm

Yeah, leave the holes till you get the tint on the inside, then cut em. The new ones are wayyyy easier! :hmmm for progress!!!

their ads for the new ones should be "The new CRV...backwindows designed by tinters....for tinters." :hmmm

Guest 21st Century Tints
After you have done 10 of them - they are easy.

I agree, if its a 05 then it should be easy. Its the earlier ones that are a $|-|17 with rams and motors.

New ones take about 10 minutes.

Had to tint one today, it was an 05 I think, It really sucked!!!! I took every thing off of the window, you know, wiper motor, handle, defroster connectors, hinges, third brake lamp, shrunk it, cut around the ten holes and wiring grommets on the glass, then when I stuck the film inside, the pattern was off because of the glass is smaller on the inside than on the out, I CUSSED ALOT :thumb , WTF??? Why do they feel the need to put all that crap on there, jees, man... :poop

:poop

thats funny.... :thumb

I dont know why they put all that crap on there either.... :thumb

:poop

Archived