2006 BMW 330i

Guest caraudio1

Guest caraudio1

I just worked on a brand new BMW 330i 2006 and removed the front door panels. Some people have posted on here that you can remove the felt pieces from the top of the door panels w/o removing the door panel. This may be true since they do just slide straight up and out. I did not try this because they are recessed below the door panel and I didn't want to damage the door panel trying to pry them loose.

Removing the door panels on this car is really easy so I would suggest just taking them off and then removing the felt pieces. On the passenger's door you need to remove the fake plastic wood trim that runs front to back on the door. Start at the front prying the piece straight out since it is hooked at the back end of the door panel. This piece has several metal threaded snaps that insert into plastic inserts. Next there is a pull handle for closing the door. The front half unsnaps if you carefully pry it apart. Once both the handle and wood pieces are removed you will find 4 #20 torx screws that need to be removed. Once the screws are out you just use a panel popper and snap the door panel off. The rest of the wiring connections and door release are like any other BMW model.

The driver's door doesn't have the handle to close the door so you don't have to follow that part but just the removal of the wood strip.

I had to replace a broken window on this car and it was really easy. All of the new BMW and Mercedes-Benz cars that I've replaced side windows on have been super easy to do. They are making it a lot easier to service than before.

Archived