07 jetta

Guest sunscreen

Guest sunscreen

front doors! what a pain in the arse I had today with them. tryed getting the tint below the gaskets and the gaskets fought back for like 10 minutes on each door. Dont worry I won, but what a pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rubes

Did one yesterday and had no problem did'nt tuck or pull the plotter cuts it out just above the gasket so I figured that would be ok

Guest Oscar Tint
Too much time spent on this POS car for for the 2.5 cent. Time for some good old panel popin... :dunno

I agree, however for those of you who aren't aware with the type of clips that VW uses for the likes of Jetta, Passat and Golf, they are the 2 tier pop up type.

They are inside the panel like they were glued. The clips are meant to pop up to release the tension that made those clips stayed firm inside the panel in the first place. But they are so hard to pop out you can quite easily break the plastic bit that hold those clips in the first place.

I haven't work out a safe way of pulling out the clips so it is just a matter or luck. :hmmm

I agree, however for those of you who aren't aware with the type of clips that VW uses for the likes of Jetta, Passat and Golf, they are the 2 tier pop up type.

They are inside the panel like they were glued. The clips are meant to pop up to release the tension that made those clips stayed firm inside the panel in the first place. But they are so hard to pop out you can quite easily break the plastic bit that hold those clips in the first place.

I haven't work out a safe way of pulling out the clips so it is just a matter or luck. :spit

:krazy

These pegs seem to be like the ol' toyota clip that is at the top, the one at the top that you push the center in to release. I found that if you just pry back on the panel just enough to get the center to release on all of the clips, but not pull the panel complely away from the door until all have been popped, then gently pull the panel out away from the door. Its much easier to show then explain. These dont pop out of the door like most clips, damn germans.

Archived