SunTek

Guest deanjones

I did do a truck in Carbon5 when it first came out (like over 2 years ago) and it looks the same as it did that say. But have seen variations in color over the preocess, but have been very happy with the carbon in general. I never trust any HP film anyways, they all seem to be the same. Havent seem any green in the carbon series though, just most brown.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintguy7
where are you from tintguy7?.....I havent heard anyone else having these problems with this film...and I have been using it for almost 3 years now..with no problems of this sort..are you sure your not using the standard line? :thumb

I'm in hawaii. maybe its our climate :lol2 but I kow for sure it wasn't the standard line. :lol2:poke

I'm in hawaii. maybe its our climate :thumb but I kow for sure it wasn't the standard line. :lol2:poke

Hawaii..That would explain it ..lots of sun ALL year round don't you ? I gotta go to Hawaii and check out the sites some day :lol2

Guest tintguy7

sup tw,

yup we do sun almost all year round so its good for business, but if you decide coming here for vacation give me a holla, eh! :spit

im always down for a working vacation... no matter where it is... but hawaii would probably be a top spot...

so I was removing the film off of an SUV I tinted with hp15 4 years ago, it was purple... I like the hp line alot but it does indeed discolor. this was a non-garaged vehicle. you might want to look towards the carbon line

Guest haroldshouseoftint
hey tw, I've been using st since 2002. the problems I was experiencing was that the hp char 35 turned purple in about 1.5 yrs and it has been delaminating about the same time or even sooner.

I just removed some today, not sure what line it was but it was 2 years old and had adhesive faliure (finger type bubbles) like solar guard gets around this climate :eyebrows

Guest Tom Cat

I have had HP on my car for thelast 4 years. It still looks the same as the day I installed it. I never had any problems with delamination or fading when I was doing TONS of dealer work. I am actually looking at going back to Suntek in the near future. We get alot of sun in CO too (the vehicle was never garaged or anything.)

Guest scotlandtint

Ive been using Suntek for 3 years, no problems. Havnt had any discoloration ( but in the UK our clmate is really cool so we never need to worry about color fading).

I prefer the carbon for the way it looks after install - the HP has a horrible glossy look that I just can't get over.

I also had a bit of trouble with adhesive failure with the HP line - mostly with top edges peeling back, regardless of how much heat was pelted into it when fitting. Couldve been bad luck with faulty batches but I never took any chances, just stuck with the carbon.

overall - Fantastic film to work with, shrinks great and looks good. Longevity - no problems in cooler climates.

Archived