SunTek

Guest deanjones

Guest TINTINGCOWBOY

the adhesive is very aggresive and really sticke to the glass even if removed with a steamer.shrinks fast and burns fast has good minimization.the glues upside is it adheres well during application and doctoring :thumb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had HP on my car for thelast 4 years. It still looks the same as the day I installed it.

I am actually looking at going back to Suntek in the near future.

Curious as to why you stopped using a film that you liked so much :thumb

Guest MidcoastMW

Just two days ago I stripped some HP-5 off my car that had been on over a year in the Chicago climate..un-garaged.

Held it up next too my sample piece and examined very closely in diffrent lighting. NO DIFFRENCE whatsoever.

yea...was only a year but hey thats a good sign!! :lol2

Guest lonestartint

And why would you strip it off if nothing was wrong? Are you worried bout something? If you used a quality product then there would be no worries :spit

Guest DangerousDarren

Has anyone had any problems with scratches when installing? I tried the HP charcol 30% and after installing (using the same tools and technique as I used with Lumar) I got some nasty scratches. I peeled and redid it this time using only the soft edge of my comquiestador, a soft blue squigee, and a the rubber edge of a white card. I was very careful and still ended up with light scratches. I don't like the thought of not being abel to use my 3M gold card to finish up and push all the little bubbles out without scratching it all up. Never had this with Lumar. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest DangerousDarren

Has anyone had any problems with scratches when installing? I tried the HP charcol 30% and after installing (using the same tools and technique as I used with Lumar) I got some nasty scratches. I peeled and redid it this time using only the soft edge of my comquiestador, a soft blue squigee, and a the rubber edge of a white card. I was very careful and still ended up with light scratches. I don't like the thought of not being abel to use my 3M gold card to finish up and push all the little bubbles out without scratching it all up. Never had this with Lumar. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest wilcax

nope no problems scratching over here... but I use a yellow turbo squegee and a black teflon card. maybe you had some debris on the edge of your squegee??? idk

Guest MidcoastMW
And why would you strip it off if nothing was wrong? Are you worried bout something? If you used a quality product then there would be no worries :dunno

Im a month late on the reply... :poop But I had stripped it to re-tint the car with Infinity10. My work vehicle gets all the sample tint. :tw

Guest Key West
What are the pro's and con's to this film? I've always been partial to LLumar, but I'm keeping an open mind and looking at other films as well... I read that SunTek was a great shrink and they have a good Carbon film. How's the adhesive? Is it as aggressive as LLumar's? How about price per roll? Cheap, Normal, Expensive?

SunTek was started by mostly former CP employees. CP & SunTek have more of a "Sister" co. relationship than an adversarial one. CP figured that SunTek wasn't going away, and they have developed a pretty decent working relationship. CP makes SunTeks 72" film, and does a few other things for them as well. (This is what I've been told by employees of both Co's,)

There are striking similarities between the two. SunTek would appear to be good film. It's like anything or anyone elses film. All make a "Good, better, & best". If you cheap out and opt to buy thier cheapest film and expect it to last a lifetime, well,........... I won't go there. :gasp

Archived