SunTek

Guest deanjones

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've been using suntek for five years, and since I've opened my shop four years ago haved used suntek on like 90% of my cars. I've had a few warranties come in but not too many. I've noticed a little fading on some cars too, but not enough to have me switch films. The 35hp has failed on doors glasses a few times too, on the few times it was long fingers coming from the mirror area. My main concern is I'm watching the carbon line to see if it last. I did a new 5 series beamer about two years ago and the back glass faded badly. So I'm keeping on eye on the carbon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey tw, I've been using st since 2002. the problems I was experiencing was that the hp char 35 turned purple in about 1.5 yrs and it has been delaminating about the same time or even sooner.

same here, dropped them after a year and a half. Actually had one car come back TWICE!! Side windows delaminating, however, I put the exact same stuff on it, so it could have been a bad roll.........Carbon? Color stable? I've got some pics I could show ya, but TD would get mad...

But this is MY experience with ST, if you're having good luck with it :spit

same here, dropped them after a year and a half. Actually had one car come back TWICE!! Side windows delaminating, however, I put the exact same stuff on it, so it could have been a bad roll.........Carbon? Color stable? I've got some pics I could show ya, but TD would get mad...

But this is MY experience with ST, if you're having good luck with it :spit

Why would I get mad? :lol2

Thought I'd in my 2 cents.

I've been using Suntek (carbon series almost exclusively) and am going to be venturing out in search of other brands. I have a small list of pros and cons for this film (carbon that is)

Pro: Looks good

Decent Life

Easy to shrink

Very forgiving if you accidentally over shrink or crease while shrinking

Moderate pricing

Cons: Recently there has been a LOT of liner issues ie/ being extremely hard to peel, especially for us 'tuckers'

Inconsistency of the darkness My bro-in-law has had Carbon 18% read 11% VLT and I've had Carbon 5% read as 10% VLT. The 35% is the worst as far as fluctuations though. It really hurts when someone 3 or 4 years back nicks their tint and wants it redone and nothing you have matches.

They have changed adhesive at least 4 times in the Carbon series of film. Don't ask them about it though, cause you'll getg all sorts of weird answers ranging from never to at least 6 times. (at least I have)

They have just gotten bought out

Adhesives used in the past are either excellent or absolute crap

Just my thoughts on suntek. I believe it is a quality film, but because of the inconsistency, I tend to be very wary of their films. I will still carry the film but will go somewhere else for the everyday use films.

Guest FilmBlazer
I buy through a guy named Freddy on the corner of Colfax and Harlem. And I pay through the nose.

But I have heard direct is a much better deal maybe you should try this thing they call the telephone, they usually work pretty good. Sometimes using a computing machine in a forum isn't the best way to figure something out.

Just sometimes though.

:evilgrin

Guest FilmBlazer
We don't talk pricing around here :evilgrin

Everywhere is different so what we say is useless anyway

From what I understand Suntek will sell their film to Joe who tints 2 cars per week for the same price as John that does 50 cars per week.

:tantrum

Archived