Rear Deck of a '97 Cavalier

Guest str0ngh01d

If you put one hand on the rear deck and push down a little and bulldozer in the other you can get behind the third brake light without removal of the rear hat deck. Same thing one the 98'ish grand prix's with the molded rear deck\Brake light works like a charm no need to remove the deck! I am serious it works 95% of the time. I have had to remove hat decks anyways but I always try not to.

A tinter that came to my shop from Kentucky with Jack from Global said no way then I was able to actually show him on a Grand Prix and my bestfriend owns a cavalier 96' and I did not remove the hat deck :krazy

:lol So you are going to think I am full of 5hit but I have a cavy in my shop now and you are right blade a bulldozer dont do anything. That brake light is tight against the glass guess I just got lucky on my buddy's. I am positive this technique works on the grand prix's though

:beer on the dozer...,but even if it DID work on that car..the deck/light removal is so fast why fight with a dozer and felt of the deck when you can do a pro clean install with 5 extra minutes spent on the car.

Sometimes every minute shouldn't count on a car IMO :lol

:beer on the dozer...,but even if it DID work on that car..the deck/light removal is so fast why fight with a dozer and felt of the deck when you can do a pro clean install with 5 extra minutes spent on the car.

Sometimes every minute shouldn't count on a car IMO :hmmm

:lol

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I just did one a few days ago, the only way a bulldozer will go behind there is if the back deck has already been raped and pillaged out once already, mabye putting speakers in or something, then the deck is loose enough to push down to get a dozer behind the light :spit:spit

but even if it DID work on that car..the deck/light removal is so fast why fight with a dozer and felt of the deck when you can do a pro clean install with 5 extra minutes spent on the car.

You are right, the only way it should count is in a tint off :nope

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

anyone have any trouble shrinking the back glass? I always have trouble on the bottom corners, and getting tint to lay down on the dot matrix at the top. so I've had to two piece them after a failed one piece attempt.

Archived