Shrunk a back glass in 20 sec. !

I would like to see one of thoses :rollin

I promise I'll post a pic as soon as I can..thecomp. I'm borrowing till my new one is in isn't capable ..no ubs ports! :lol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but more distributed  ,

Spreading the heat out over a wider area is the key to shrinking the entire piece at the same rate. Sounds fascinating TW... awaiting the pic's.

On the other hand...

Film exposed to flames can lose much of its physical properties that are critical to longevity of the product.

UV absorbers do not like high temps and flames are not easy to control...

and a real bad idea around any gas fumes a car might have. :rollin

But hey... who can convince someone that knows window film installation too well... or did I mean to say window film chemistry too well.

:booga

Good points Metint..as say, I'll never convince anyone that "this is the way to go "

BTW , the element on this heater is flameless...it's a hot red glow similar to what's inside your heatguns...only about 10 of them strapped together working at once...what makes it faster isn't the amount of heat in my opinion, it's thae size ofthe area (kinda like 10 tinters with 1 heat gun each heating thier own section at the same time) I modified it minory by extending the hose from a 2ft to a 10 ft ,that way I can walk freely around the back glass + the tank is out of tripping range.

Again I say, not trying to sway people to this way of doing back glass..just exploring and sharing what I'm exploring with you guy/gals :rollin

Good points Metint..as say, I'll never convince anyone that "this is the way to go "

BTW , the element on this heater is flameless...it's a hot red glow similar to what's inside your heatguns...only about 10 of them strapped together working at once...what makes it faster isn't the amount of heat in my opinion, it's thae size ofthe area (kinda like 10 tinters with 1 heat gun each heating thier own section at the same time) I modified it minory by extending the hose from a 2ft to a 10 ft ,that way I can walk freely around the back glass + the tank is out of tripping range.

Again I say, not trying to sway people to this way of doing back glass..just exploring and sharing what I'm exploring with you guy/gals  :rollin

My point on flames may get torched in the end. :lol

Metint understood your concept and the fact that there are no flames in those heaters. I was just commenting on the use of flamethrowers or torches. :lol

Guest Me_shelli
:thumb Wow! Applause. Applause. Now that's a story of EXTREME tinting. :thumb I have heard of tinters using flame throwers and torchers. I'm not that brave, yet. :lol But I can't wait to see your pics. Sounds really neat. :lol

You could always use one of these heaters to dry the film after an install. Just tell the customers that you offer a new instant film curing procedure if they are willing to pay for it. :dunno

Archived