Shrunk a back glass in 20 sec. !

tint wizard. now to be constructive and not argue any more..my old sunguard rep once came up with something called the heat wand. it was like a mini wall heater with infra red rays .. was a good idea in but not practical. was too heavy and with it wouldnt last long in any workshop. could'nt be droped cause it broke....... it did work but took to long... tint wizard sorry for talking shite... and good on you for trying something new... take back the hack thing... still think it's not safe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

I see. :lol6 Then that's why you want to pick just the right car to test it on. Some you'd have to play with distribution of fingers too much to use it on.

I see.  :lol6 Then that's why you want to pick just the right car to test it on. Some you'd  have to play with distribution of fingers too much to use it on.

:lol6 :braud ...and all is good shaades..your entitled to your opinion of safety ...and without seeing this heater in action , being in someone elses shoes on the other side of this comp. I'd understand the safety concern...you'll just have to trust me that I'm no fool , I wouldn't even try this if I honestly thought it was endangering my life or others around me. this thread got way out of hand though...I once again state as many times B4 I'm not endorsing this method, I'm not trying to go for TOTW with it, It's just my way of sharing with you guy/gals on a day to day basis rather than waiting after I do 100 cars with it then telling you what I've been up to :lol

Well, my overall conclusion of this technigue...I've done it 8 times now and the ends does not outweight the means. It took an average of 15 - 20 sec to shrink (selected) back windows..however, I usually use dual milwakees and I never timed myself till now with those..3 min....so for the sake of 2.5 min. I'll stick with the dual milwakees+ with them, I do all my curved back glass's with them. Oh well, nothing ventured ,nothing gained...will still use the heater for it's origional intended use for why I got it, to heat all the windows in the winter time after being tinted..speed-dries them :passout

I wanna see the video :nope

I did promise a quick video, even though I won't be pursuing this way, I'll still whip one up when I come back from Myrtle beach and send it to TD..."have to back up my 20 sec. claim" :lol

TD..are you able to rig a small video clip as a post :thumb

Archived